Nissan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
I have a 2004 Pathfinder LE, today it would not start. It just winds over and over. It worked perfect yesterday. I think it may be the fuel pump as I don;t hear it kick in when I try and start. How do I check and know for sure? Could this be something else? I believe the fuel pump is located in the tank, is there an access hatch under the backseat that be used ot change out the pump?

Sorry for all the questions but this is all new to me.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here is an update:

I added gasline antifreeze on the off chance there could be water in the gas/tank. Yesterday my pathy started and worked perfect, no hesitation in starting at all. I then proceeded to top up and added another bottle of antifreeze. This morning I tried again and she hesitated a couple of times before starting but had no problems re-starting multiple times after that.

Could this be a sign that the fuel pump is on the way out? There is only about 40,000 miles on my pathy.

Someone please help!!!!

·
Registered
430 Posts
It is a definite sign that the pump could be on the way out, but there are also sensors that cause the similar symptoms. Have you pulled a plug to see if there is spark? If there is spark then your sensors should be fine and leaves you with the fuel pump.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I started out small and replaced the fuel filter. I have also added "iso heet" and so far it appears to have solved the problem. However I plan on having the garage due a diagnostic check to see if any sensors may be on the way out.

Thanks for your help:):)

·
Registered
430 Posts
You could get a cheap code reader from pep boys or an auto store near you. $50 once versus 40-80 by a garage each time. I got one and it helped out in getting codes so you can get the parts to fix yourself.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts