Nissan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking of purchasing a 1993 Skylien R33 GTS-T from:
http://www.batfa.com/usedvehicles-nissan-stock.html

I was wondering if anyone has ever heard of this place before, if they're legit, or what. $5,400 for the car and $900 for importing to the US seems rather cheap.

Could anyone give some suggestions of where else I could purchase a used skyline for relatively cheap? Or some advice from those of you who do live in the US who own Skylines, what you had to go through to get one.

Thanks a ton!

·
Old Cat
285 Posts
you can get that cheap in Japan and pay about 2 times the amount that you spent to legalize it....i doubt you'll be able to cut it under 20k

·
Registered
118 Posts
I'm not sure about your state but it takes more than just getting the car here to make it yours to drive. It has to be registered for the U.S. by a RI (Registered Importer) and so far MotoRex in Gardena, Ca. is the only one. You should check out their website before you throw any money down on a car. If you manage to actually get it from customs you only have 1 year to legalize it before they come to collect and destroy your car.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Kouki S14 said:
I'm not sure about your state but it takes more than just getting the car here to make it yours to drive. It has to be registered for the U.S. by a RI (Registered Importer) and so far MotoRex in Gardena, Ca. is the only one. You should check out their website before you throw any money down on a car. If you manage to actually get it from customs you only have 1 year to legalize it before they come to collect and destroy your car.

the car has to be deemed legal to be on the streets. any RI can bring the car in, but motorex has to legalize it. unless the car is in on a "race only" bond, the car will not be released without being legalized. motorex has to sign off to the DOT, US customs, and NHTSA to release the car.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yikes! Why the hell does Motorex charge a minimum of like $14,000 to take off a few performance parts? And why are they the only ones who can do it? There's gotta be someone else in the country that can do that and do it for less. Right? I mean, what do they do that costs so damn much or are they just chargin that much because they can?

·
Viva el iPod
1,232 Posts
mnbandit said:
Yikes! Why the hell does Motorex charge a minimum of like $14,000 to take off a few performance parts? And why are they the only ones who can do it? There's gotta be someone else in the country that can do that and do it for less. Right? I mean, what do they do that costs so damn much or are they just chargin that much because they can?

Hi and welcome. Read around this forum and use the "search" links located towards the top of the page (between the "New Posts" and "Quick Links" links). All your questions have been answered.

And Motorex charges what the market will bear, just like any company that sells anything. Why do jewelers charge so much for putting a cut and polished rock in a piece of metal?

·
Registered
145 Posts
mnbandit said:

sad but true, start getting over it now.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts