Nissan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I has a nice encounter on my way back from work today. I was just stroling along as i normaly do. On a two lane road coming off onto to a motorway or higway as you guys would call it. Anyway i move strait into the fast lane in 5th gear at around 70 MPH overtaking a truck. I had to move out cause this thing was moving slow and i would of hit it. Unfortunatly i sort of cut this cougar up next thing i no hes sitting on my rear bumper. So i leave it a few seconds just to get him pissed and then drop it into 4th could of 3rd but there was no need for it. Through my foot down and he was still there but at 4500 rpm i just took off 120 and then changing to 5th. I was leaving him all the time and i dont think he liked it. At 130 i decided to call it and pulled over to let him pass. As he went buy i laughed at him. He didnt look to pleased. Im realy suprised cause i thought a 2.5 V6 would have alot more in it. Anyway it was good fun and i rarley rise to the occasion but im glad i did this time. Power to the Nissan

N

·
0 Posts
I have driven many cougars, and every time I touch one, it seems to be unhappy to be alive. They are not happy in the low range, which makes sense because they are small displacement sixes, but then they are not happy in the uppers either, which makes sense because Ford builds them.
Are there no speed restrictors on your Almeras there? It's hard to know how high our sr20s or anything else will pull when they are cut off under 120 mph and still have the grunt to push faster.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
there is no restriction on the almera SR20 it just goes all the way to the rev limiter. I have had a nice 145 out of mine and thats basically on the rev limiter. I guess its different laws. Your national speed limit on highways is 60. Over here its 70. SR20's just seem to go strait to the red line. I always feel like i need a 6th gear.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts