Nissan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure were this one should go srry i have searched and haven t founda a comparison for the same amount of money starting off with a Ga16de would it be cost effective to bulid the Ga16 or swap with a Sr20det i find alot of how tos but no comparisons. and also is there a motor that is better than either for a basic street/strip/daily driver thanks for the input

·
Registered
505 Posts
Not sure were this one should go srry i have searched and haven t founda a comparison for the same amount of money starting off with a Ga16de would it be cost effective to bulid the Ga16 or swap with a Sr20det i find alot of how tos but no comparisons. and also is there a motor that is better than either for a basic street/strip/daily driver thanks for the input

why? These aren't fast cars....

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
why

well i am getting a 1997 nissan sentra for free so i figured i might as well look into getting the most speed outta my car and i used to be a honda man and i had a 13.5 crx sohc vtec head on none vtec block 96 block with a 94 head and stand alone vtec controller, adjustable fuel regulater had it dynos adjustable cam gears full 2.25 exhuast i had all that now i want todo something with the nissan and a free sentra is were to start

·
Registered
8 Posts
I would say the reason most of the people that have these cars would like to mod the car in some way because, for me anyway, it would be nice to say I did something to my car. Even if its just wheels for some people thats a big thing. Besides the fact that the car is realtively cheap and somewhat easy to work on.

Coming from soneone who has NEVER owned an import, between here and sr20forum.com, I have never seen a large amount dedicate individuals that are a) ACTUALLY helpful and b) have numbers to back up claims on what part the feel is the best. I spent almost 2 hours the other day readin gbaout just the suspension parts for b13/b14 chassis from ONE forum post because it had so much info it.

Not everyone has 5k+ to drop in a car and spending roughly lets say 1.5k on doing the brake system and somewhat of a suspension upgrade, I'd want to be able to do that to my car if I had the chance. In other words, instead of assuming things, take a step back and realize people are asking for your help not your criticism or judgement.

·
Registered
173 Posts
All I was saying is that they *can* be fast, which you said they aren't. I did say that you have to put enough money into it, so no, it is not cost effective, but it can be done.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
but the question still remains is it better to take the ga16de and boost it or get a sr20det and swap it in dollar to horsepower ratio i want a daily driver that runs 13's

·
Registered
173 Posts
SR20 then. No question. Sticking GA is if you have the pockets and enjoy things like that. Cost for an SR20DET: ~$2500 depending on where you go and which one you get. So unless you could turbo the 1.6 and get more horsepower than the 2.0, then the SR20DET is the way to go.

·
Registered
505 Posts
but the question still remains is it better to take the ga16de and boost it or get a sr20det and swap it in dollar to horsepower ratio i want a daily driver that runs 13's
That's alot of money for 13's and I doubt you will even run that without any suspension work. I hope you're a good driver to hit that clock

1 - 11 of 11 Posts