Nissan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is it safe to use 90/10 copper nickel for brake lines for my hb truck, 1989 2wd 4 cyl (3/16"o.d., .373"i.d., .028" thick wall? i'd like to hear from those with experience. are amazon and ebay safe in so far as getting plain copper instead of advertised copper nickle tubing? i'm wary of ebay especially and china sources, even though it's probably where most part sellers gets theirs. thanks all.

·
Sup Mod keeping the peace
6,372 Posts
Plain copper tubing will not take the pressure of brake fluid. Wrapped brazed steel is the norm for brake lines. These come bare or coated in polymer wrap for corrosion protection. This will double-flare and bubble (ISO or single) flare very easily. Stainless tubing is harder to bend and double flare. It will be difficult with cheaper hand held tools. The good tools to double flare this stuff, is pretty pricey. I suggest the mild steel wrapped and brazed bare tube. Installing it will be much less painful.

·
NF Mod/Nissan Master Tech
9,515 Posts
Plain copper tubing will not take the pressure of brake fluid. Wrapped brazed steel is the norm for brake lines. These come bare or coated in polymer wrap for corrosion protection. This will double-flare and bubble (ISO or single) flare very easily. Stainless tubing is harder to bend and double flare. It will be difficult with cheaper hand held tools. The good tools to double flare this stuff, is pretty pricey. I suggest the mild steel wrapped and brazed bare tube. Installing it will be much less painful.
Rogo..I believe he is talking about copper-nickel brake lines. They're a lot easier to work with than the steel lines and are very corrosion resistant. It's all I use, anymore.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts