Nissan Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im thinking of taking a road trip. Well I was wondering if we could get someone from every state to say what color the cop cars are there.

In Utah they are white.

·
Registered
94 Posts
in cali, they are many differnt colors.
CHP is blue/white
SJPD is blue/white
Milpitas PD in white

so mostly just look out for blue and white

·
Registered
249 Posts
that really varies a lot!
for example in the town where my college campus is the town police have all dark blue cars(1 bronco, 2 ranger trucks, and several crown victorias), but the campus police have white impalas with blue stripes.
actually, when my school's team(UNH) was in the hockey final four earlier this year they were expecting a huge bonfire and riots if they beat our rivals(maine) and so they had the cops from all over the state come down and they all had different combinations or variations of blue and white.

·
Hates everyone.
1,921 Posts
So I'm not from a state, but here's the three levels of police in my city -

Ottawa Carleton Police - White Crown Vics/ Blue stripes

Ontario Provincial Police - Marked cruisers are usually Impalas, white with blue & yellow, unmarked cars are usually Impalas in any colur available. They're also trying different cars to blend in with traffic in bad areas.

Royal Canadian Mounted Police - Once again, white with multicoloured stripe. Typically they have Impalas and crown Vics but I once saw a Volvo S70 T5, pretty badass pursuit car, and they also have a Toyota Prius, not much of a threat for pursuit or anything else for that matter.

M

·
0 Posts
fcsmotorsports said:
Royal Canadian Mounted Police
I thought they would be on horses?

Michigan state police=Royal Blue(very nice color), only a single light on top (gumball machine)
Wayne County (metro Detroit)=White with Gold trim
In Detroit-White with Blue Stripes
Detroit Undercover cars=Dark Burgendy

Hope this helps, there are so many different color combos it will be impossible to keep track. In Metro Detroit there are at least 50 other cars besides the ones I listed, and 90% of the Detroit cops could give a crap if you speed.

·
I think I lost my mod-nes
313 Posts
Check my avatar. That'd be Ohio Highway Patrol color. Kind of pavement gray with reflective yellow striping.
Mostly Crown Vics, but there's a few Impalas, and some Cherokees and Tahoes, but those are mostly for accident reconstructing.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Sacramento,CA PD is Black and white, Sac Sheriffs are white

·
Registered
249 Posts
97sentragxe said:
Check my avatar. That'd be Ohio Highway Patrol color. Kind of pavement gray with reflective yellow striping.
Mostly Crown Vics, but there's a few Impalas, and some Cherokees and Tahoes, but those are mostly for accident reconstructing.
that avatar scares me all the time;-)

·
Registered
323 Posts
i'd say when you see the flashing lights take note of the color, honestly i haven't seen much around here that is anything other then white(NC) but we do have camaros here, though they have full uniform on, I've been pulled over by a Blazer I think it was.

P

·
0 Posts
In Germany, all police cars used to be white-green.
Now, they're switching to silver-green (better re-sell value for silver cars).

In some Länder (states) they're experimenting with silver-blue.

Especially our Autobahn (Highway)-police has some serious power under their hoods. They all go faster than 150 mph. In Baden-Württemberg (the south-west state) they even have Porsche 911 for Autobahn patrol...:D :D

R

·
0 Posts
In Louisiana
State Trooper cars are White w/ high intensity stobe lights
New Orleans Police cars are White with Blue
Jefferson Parish (County) are White
Causeway (Bridge Police) are Silver w/ Dark Blue
Orleans Parish are White (They just transport prisoners)
City of Gretna cars are White
City of Westwego are Black and White

·
DNE's VZR Conversion
6,079 Posts
the locals here are black and white cars.

like LAPD all the way to SDPD are all black and white.

CHP is black and white 2 i believe. never really seen blue and white.

E

·
0 Posts
Here in PSL Fl. the troopers are black camaro's and the cops are white crown vic's or grey, unmarked jeep cherokees...

Drive safe... :cool:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts