Nissan Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i got a great deal on some studded winter coopers this year - can't wait to throw them on, but they're probably going to be really noisy, even compared with the crappy stock contis. i think that i have to wait until the end of oct to try them. has anyone tried these out?

I picked up some cheapo steelies so i don't trash the factory rims in the snow/sand/salt as well.

·
Registered
268 Posts
I did not have any problem with the stock STONES last winter...But I do hate running the rims in the winter....It makes me cringe...I usually fo out in the drive with a bucket of hot water and get all of the salt off of the rims

·
Registered
178 Posts
wild willy said:
I did not have any problem with the stock STONES last winter...But I do hate running the rims in the winter....It makes me cringe...I usually fo out in the drive with a bucket of hot water and get all of the salt off of the rims
So that's why you don't have any brakes for the first couple of stops. ;)

·
Registered
641 Posts
unleaded said:
i got a great deal on some studded winter coopers this year - can't wait to throw them on, but they're probably going to be really noisy, even compared with the crappy stock contis. i think that i have to wait until the end of oct to try them. has anyone tried these out?

I picked up some cheapo steelies so i don't trash the factory rims in the snow/sand/salt as well.
I`m like Willy, I wash my wheels and underneath almost daily and park her in the garage but damn, I will end up with pitted rims, I know that for sure.:mad:

·
Registered
176 Posts
studded tires, etc for winter?

just get a beat up truck to drive in the winter, definitely cheaper than the snow tires and extra rims (even steelies)

that's what i use my jeep for.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Ratwayne said:
They would look good on Konig Blatants.

Thanx JBL:D
No Problem, But they make any rim look good with that aggressive tread pattern, I cant wait till I burn out my Potenzas, im going to definatley get those :D

·
Registered
178 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
SILENT_RUNNER said:
Doesn't look like you could run these in the snow?
They do look like a quiet ride. :)
cheers
Falkens are a lousy tire when it comes to noise, they have decent ride for about 10,000 miles and then after that they become loud.

·
Registered
178 Posts
JBL85 said:
Falkens are a lousy tire when it comes to noise, they have decent ride for about 10,000 miles and then after that they become loud.
You would think it would be just the opposite, as the tread wears down they should get quieter. I have no experience with Falkens so this is good info to have.
:)

·
Registered
81 Posts
SILENT_RUNNER said:
You would think it would be just the opposite, as the tread wears down they should get quieter. I have no experience with Falkens so this is good info to have.
:)
lol, nope, just enjoy em while they are new :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts