Nissan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hI There was wodering if anyone could help me, i want to convert my r34 gts skyline to all wheel drive with a rb26dett. just want to know will the sump/ diff of the gtr fit in the wheel bay of the gts. if anyone has any info about this let me know cause it will help.

cheers

·
Registered
1 Posts
You want to swap in a rb26, and then get the awd to work... Its going to be a pita to get the altesa to work properly. Just sell your car and buy a gtr.

·
Will work for beer
2,696 Posts
And you know this how, Mr. one post?

Although I halfway agree with you on just buying the GT-R, there are many cases where people want to do the PITA jobs because of the effort of doing everything else they've already done to the current car over to a new chassis. It would literally take me weeks of working 8 hrs/day to move all the stuff I have on my car to another chassis. done it once about 5 years ago and I never want to do it again.

as for the actual practicality of it, I can't comment with experience on it.. never seen the chassis under either car. but I would imagine the chassis would be the same between the two, so it would be a matter of unbolting everything from one chassis and moving it to another. you'd need the entire front suspension/subframe, tranny/diff/transaxle, and most likely an entire wiring harness and computers as well to interface with the ATTESA.

definitely not an easy task, but if you want to, have at it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts