Nissan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
X-Trail Moderator
902 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well it is done.

Last Friday I had my X-trail converted to Leather interior.

I had it done at "AutoSkin" here in Montreal. (They have contracts with Nissan Canada for leather interiors) And they did a very VERY professional job; exceeded my expectations by far. They use Italian leather (and vinyl in areas subject to high wear). They make the coverings in advance from patterns and then do the installation. Although they do the installation they can also ship out the coverings and you can decide to have it installed elswhere (by a professional, highly recommeded; it is a BIG job since I saw them guys working all day on my car interior. It took two guys 6 to 7 hours)
They have some examples of their work shown on their website AutoSkin.com, but not X-trail.

I had my seats done in 2 tone (light grey perforated middle and dark grey/charcoal surround).
The two front seats have "X-TRAIL" logo embroid on them.
The door panels, arm rest and head rests were also done.
Will have pics soon, But I will need our in house expert photographer: Stephen's (SCHESBH) help to post them I think...

Now, I know that there were a few posts written about cloth seats maintenance... If someone out there has the same X-trail version perhaps we can arrange something since I have spare cloth seat coverings. Interested?

ValBoo.

·
Registered
11 Posts
ValBoo said:
Well it is done.

I had it done at "AutoSkin" here in Montreal. (They have contracts with Nissan Canada for leather interiors) And they did a very VERY professional job; exceeded my expectations by far. They use Italian leather (and vinyl in areas subject to high wear). They make the coverings in advance from patterns and then do the installation. Although they do the installation they can also ship out the coverings and you can decide to have it installed elswhere (by a professional, highly recommeded; it is a BIG job since I saw them guys working all day on my car interior. It took two guys 6 to 7 hours)
They have some examples of their work shown on their website AutoSkin.com, but not X-trail.

I had my seats done in 2 tone (light grey perforated middle and dark grey/charcoal surround).
Will have pics soon, But I will need our in house expert photographer: Stephen's (SCHESBH) help to post them I think...

Now, I know that there were a few posts written about cloth seats maintenance... If someone out there has the same X-trail version perhaps we can arrange something since I have spare cloth seat coverings. Interested?

ValBoo.
sounds awesome, will be interested to see pics, i have a dog so maby i'll be interested at some point in buying your old skins.

·
Registered
110 Posts
ValBoo said:
Well it is done.

ValBoo.
This is an amazing thing. I didn't even know that was possible. Duh. If it's not too personal a question - how much $ ? I'd love to see a photo or two as well !

·
XTRAIL-HOLIC
2,228 Posts
me 3

I'm also registering my interest in seeing some pics, as I'm on the look-out for leather seats to replace mine at the wreckers, but this could be a much cheaper and nicer option :)

·
Proud 2004 X-Trail Owner
691 Posts
Just 1 question... how they handle side airbags?

Mex version of X-Trail SLX (the one I got) is with or without leather seats (no other differences) we got the cloth one, because heat here is a mayor issue.

·
XTRAIL-HOLIC
2,228 Posts
manuelga said:
Just 1 question... how they handle side airbags?

Mex version of X-Trail SLX (the one I got) is with or without leather seats (no other differences) we got the cloth one, because heat here is a mayor issue.
Hi Manuel,

In Australia we were lucky to get the front air-bags only and even that was sold/marketted as a luxury item :)

Safety regulations in Australia are more targetted at seat belts, rather than air-bags for some strange reason.

·
X-Trail Moderator
902 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
follow up

Hi all,

(1)
I will definately post pics, when developped, But I will need Stephen's help.

(2)
Pricing is approximately $ 2000 CAD for everything including install.
As mentioned, they have the patterns already made and can ship, in that case just the leather skins without install is about $ 1200 CAD. BUT highly recommended that the install be done by professionals.
(AutoSkin.com, (514) 328-3682 or 1-800-328-3682 ask for Nicole she was very helpfull with me)

(3)
I do not have side air bags: but they can handle anything. If I am not mistaken the leather seat covers (with side air bags) have the backing panel with "velcro" not sure but we could ask Stephen since his has factory leather.

Later,
ValBoo.

·
Proud 2004 X-Trail Owner
691 Posts
It's funny to hear about Extys without side airbags, I assumed all came with them.

It's so funny, because here it's possible to get a semi-cheap compact car with airbags (front ones) but ABS aren't even a choice.

In fact, the ABS "foot massage" is a strange thing for many people, for me, if a car doesn't have ABS, it's out of my view (well, except for a classic SE-R, that I'm planning to get some day).

$2000 CAD, That's a very decent price, it will be more or less the same for a job like that.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Just curious, Valboo. But if you wanted leather, wouldn't it have been cheaper to buy an LE in the first place? I like the look and smell of leather, but not the bum sweat and freeze that goes with it.

·
X-Trail Moderator
902 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
options... options

Avery Slickride said:
Just curious, Valboo. But if you wanted leather, wouldn't it have been cheaper to buy an LE in the first place? I like the look and smell of leather, but not the bum sweat and freeze that goes with it.

I understand what youre saying... but here is my view:

It would have come out to more spending (MSRP LE AWD is $ 33100, MSRP SE AWD is $ 29700, a difference of $ 3400 CAD)

Mind you the LE package is also for:
automatic climate control
power adjustable seats
side impact air bags

But I personally did not want that.

Also:
1) you cannot get manual transmission with LE model (for me, manual tranny is a must)
2) the stock leather seat package is limited to the seats only (I also got door pannels and arm rest)
3) the stock leather seats come in one tone color only. (I got a two tone dark/light grey combination which I think is 10 times better looking than the stock ..... i know, i know I have to get pics)

... just my view.
Later,
ValBoo.

·
Registered
141 Posts
ValBoo said:
I understand what youre saying... but here is my view:

It would have come out to more spending (MSRP LE AWD is $ 33100, MSRP SE AWD is $ 29700, a difference of $ 3400 CAD)

Mind you the LE package is also for:
automatic climate control
power adjustable seats
side impact air bags

But I personally did not want that.

Also:
1) you cannot get manual transmission with LE model (for me, manual tranny is a must)
2) the stock leather seat package is limited to the seats only (I also got door pannels and arm rest)
3) the stock leather seats come in one tone color only. (I got a two tone dark/light grey combination which I think is 10 times better looking than the stock ..... i know, i know I have to get pics)

... just my view.
Later,
ValBoo.
Ok, now I understand. Sounds like an awesome look.

·
X-Trail Moderator
902 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Finally some Pics!

Hi guys,

Sorry it took so long.
I just hope this comes out ok... (Please forgive me if it does not)

[/url]

ValBoo.

·
XTRAIL-HOLIC
2,228 Posts
ValBoo said:
Hi guys,

Sorry it took so long.
I just hope this comes out ok... (Please forgive me if it does not)

[/url]

ValBoo.
Is it just me or is there something wrong with the pic url that you have posted? as I can't access it or see the pic.

·
Proud 2004 X-Trail Owner
691 Posts
aussietrail said:
Is it just me or is there something wrong with the pic url that you have posted? as I can't access it or see the pic.
Sorry link has dissapeared, I've seing but no longer BUAAAAAAAA

·
Fully Bolted + Juiced!
389 Posts
Sill works for me. Just right click on it, choose properties and copy paste the link directly to your Explorer address bar.

·
XTRAIL-HOLIC
2,228 Posts
Terranismo said:
Sill works for me. Just right click on it, choose properties and copy paste the link directly to your Explorer address bar.
Thanks Terranismo. That has worked for me now.

Valboo: The seats look just GREAT! have they done the door trim in leather as well? (I couldn't make it out from the pic you posted) I think they worth spending that kind on money on. I can smell the fine leather even here in Australia :) Looks awesome, well done!

·
X-Trail Moderator
902 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
aussietrail said:
Thanks Terranismo. That has worked for me now.

Valboo: The seats look just GREAT! have they done the door trim in leather as well? (I couldn't make it out from the pic you posted) I think they worth spending that kind on money on. I can smell the fine leather even here in Australia :) Looks awesome, well done!

Side door panels and center arm rest were also done.

ValBoo.

·
X-Trail Moderator
902 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
New link for Pics

I have noticed that the url to ImageStation does not seem to work very well, so here is another url to CarDomain; hopefully this will work better for you all.

ValBoo.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts