Nissan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I'm new here so I hope this is in the correct spot. Sorry in advance if its not. My fiance's 1996 sentra has control arm (or something, whatever its called) which looks likes it is broken. Its between the rear wheels. Her car has a hard time traveling in a straight line and its turning is messed up. So my question is what the part is correctly called, and how much something like this typically costs? I'd rather go to a shop or dealer with some knowledge of the part and cost of it. Thanks in advance for the help!

·
Boxed Fox
1,313 Posts
2.0 power said:
Hey, I'm new here so I hope this is in the correct spot. Sorry in advance if its not. My fiance's 1996 sentra has control arm (or something, whatever its called) which looks likes it is broken. Its between the rear wheels. Her car has a hard time traveling in a straight line and its turning is messed up. So my question is what the part is correctly called, and how much something like this typically costs? I'd rather go to a shop or dealer with some knowledge of the part and cost of it. Thanks in advance for the help!
Are you talking about the huge beam that goes across both wheels (#10 in this diagram)?

If so, Nissan calls that the "torsion beam" or "axle assembly". It's unfortunately quite pricey, at around $370 from Everything Nissan's online catalog. I'm not sure what a salvage yard would charge for it, but I'd check around and see if any of the ones near you have one. Just make sure you get one off of a car that has the same type of rear brakes (discs vs drums) because disc brakes won't fit on a rear axle assembly for drums.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No, I think its the thing that #7 and 8 are pointing at. I bought a Haynes manual, and their diagram shows something called a lateral and control link. I am pretty sure that is it. Thanks for the info!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts