Nissan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, I need to replace the ball joints on my 94 sentra. I cant seem to find info or pics on this antwhere. i already have the ball joints, just need to know how to remove the control arms so i can get the joints pressed in. please help guys, need the car for a new job on monday.
thanks!

·
Registered
734 Posts
the control arms are bolted to the car in 2 areas. if you jack the car up, you will see 2 bolts in the back and one in the front. The ball joint will also need to be broke loose, and the swaybar will also need to come loose. Its best to have air tools or electric impact cuz the bolts will be very tight.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Its a PITA to press it in and out. If you dont have a press available you will have to take the entire arm somewhere and get it pressed.

·
Registered
734 Posts
Its a PITA to press it in and out. If you dont have a press available you will have to take the entire arm somewhere and get it pressed.
I just pressed my ball joints in about a month ago and its really not that hard with the loan a tool press from autozone or other part stores.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts