Nissan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a Form-Fit Bug Deflector model HD1315S from AutoSeattle.com to protect my hood from flying stuff; well I have some advice for you Sentra owners out there... Do not buy this product. It cannot fit on a '96 Sentra's hood without first removing the weatherstripping, but you need that to keep water out of engine front. It also takes a half hour of work just to fit it on the edge of the hood, and even if it does, it doesn't work properly. The hood latch will not lock with the deflector on, which makes driving around an unsafe proposition. If someone has this model, and got it to work for them, please let me know.

The biggest mistake of all is that the policy for returns from AutoSeattle.com is 15 days after receipt. The deflector wasn't shipped until 30 days after receipt, preventing them from having any kind of an issue. I have no way of returning the product, and I lost roughly $90.00 out of pocket. I am sure that the deflectors work for some other cars, like Honda Civics, and maybe even Pathfinders, but not for Sentra. They are a scam company. Do not buy from them unless you absolutely know that the deflector will install correctly on your car.

I wish I knew what I know now before I bought the deflector.

·
Registered
2018 Nissan Pathfinder SL
4,241 Posts
normally they mean its 15 days form your receipt of goods....??

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am not sure whether it is 15 days from your receipt (the piece of paper you get when the buy the product) or 15 days after your product arrives at your house. It seems like it would be 15 days after your product arrives at your house, but I don't know. I sent them an email about this, the wording is odd.

Thankfully, they are letting me return the product. Though I don't know what they will do with it now. Send it back to the manufacturer?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts