Nissan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got the latest issue of Consumer Reports (April 09) and it says to avoid the 2005 and 2008 Pathfinders. I know the 2005 was the redesign year and thus had some kinks but the '08? Also, from what I gather these are simply "kinks" and should these years really be avoided?

Thoughts?

·
Registered
32 Posts
I'll have to check that out. My '08 had one warranty issue that had to do with the check engine light that needed a reflash of the computer. Other than that, no problems.

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Got the latest issue of Consumer Reports (April 09) and it says to avoid the 2005 and 2008 Pathfinders. I know the 2005 was the redesign year and thus had some kinks but the '08? Also, from what I gather these are simply "kinks" and should these years really be avoided?

Thoughts?
Is it possible the 04 Pathfinders were made in USA? It's a possibility that a new factory producing it for the first time may be an issue.

As for the 08 model, there were slight redisigns for that year. Also, HP factoring for the Pathfinder is lower than the last 3 years. Didn't the 08's have extra electronic features?

Those are the reasons I can think of as to why the 08 model is a year to avoid. But, I expect the timing chain/tensioner issue would have been resolved.

You can go to nissanhelp.com and look bulletins for most years and models.

·
Registered
15 Posts
their info also ranked the 04 pretty poorly, and it should be the most reliable R50 out there...I don't know how they gather their data, but when things like the engine major and minor go from excellent in 03 to average in 04 when there was no change to the drivetrain then their way of gathering data is flawed.
I agree data gathering seems flawed. Curious how does the QX4 compare?

I have a copy of the Lemon Aid used SUV/Truck guide and they have different ratings for the Pathfinder and QX4. Both are rated good and reliable however the QX4 was rated as excellent.

Goes to show you can't believe everything you read.

·
Registered
145 Posts
My Pathy is 2005 and it has/has the following problems:

Evaporation valve and fuel sending unit quitted at 70k and 78k

Regulator of the driver's power window changed twice under warranty and window still rattles if opened between 2" to half way

Rust spots on the hatch

Poor interior fit and finish

Well, I guess first year cars are like that..... but I still like my Pathy, the style and engine power and the way it travels in deep snow.... only wish the quality is better!

·
Registered
6 Posts
I'll have to check that out. My '08 had one warranty issue that had to do with the check engine light that needed a reflash of the computer. Other than that, no problems.
same thing happened to me last week around 8200 miles. that and a lose heat shield have been my only issues.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts