Nissan Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I have two cars. 1 is my new Subaru Forester XT (stage 2.) The other is a 1990 Acura Legend LS that is on its last leg! It's time for a good used car.
I'm looking at the SVT Focus as well as the Sentra SE-R Spec-V. (as well as the regular SE-R.)
The SE-R looks awesome! I love the styling, and the power looks nice too. The value for the money looks good too.
Here's my concern. Every review site I go to says that the SE-R has engine problems. However, every review I have read from actual owners is pretty much glowing. So, it's time to take it to the forums!
SE-R owners, Spec-V or not, please tell me the problems, if any, that you have had on your SE-R, and the mileage at which it occurred. I would GREATLY appreciate it. Help me choose!!!
Thanks.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I just realized I posted this in the wrong forum. Mods, please feel free to move it. Sorry!

·
Powered By hopes & dreams
8,328 Posts
take a few minutes to look around :)

the 2002 is the year to avoid. Even so, its a good idea to make sure you know the history of the car.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
so, avoid 2k2. OK. What are the reasons for that? I read something on MSN Autos about bad MAF sensors. What other problems could I expect on an '02? The reason I ask is that I found an '02 SE-R (non-Spec-V) with 30k miles for $10,500...and they could surely be negotiated down, since it's a dealer. However, I don't want to even go look at it if those years were not reliable.

·
What is Seven Ten for?
2,917 Posts
MarkyD said:
Well, I have two cars. 1 is my new Subaru Forester XT (stage 2.) The other is a 1990 Acura Legend LS that is on its last leg! It's time for a good used car.
I'm looking at the SVT Focus as well as the Sentra SE-R Spec-V. (as well as the regular SE-R.)

I drove a focus SVT once, really nice. Just not a fan of the hatchbacks. Already has bucket seats and it also had HIDs. Nice color, came with 17" wheels yadda yadda. It was 17k though. Glad I didn't get it though. I got a 02 ser spec V and well I've had it 3 days with no problems.

Anways chimmike, what is the probs with the 02's? is it the butterfly screws that you are referring to? Hopefully that is because that has been taken care of for me. :cheers:

·