Nissan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Doodeee doodee doodee doo
1,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
i don't know if this belongs in this part of the boards, but here goes:

while working on our sentra, i had a chance to look over a really old asian domestic model maxima. i'd thought all maxs' were 3.0s, but it turns out that the Asian market Maximas have really small engines. This one was almost all rust, but the engine was intact and had actually been overhauled 2 months prior to being junked. Basically, the body is going to pieces, but the engine is okay.

From personal experience, i know that the engine in the car, a GA20, can push the big tin can up to and above 130mph. It has maybe between 140-150hp (i hope). Right now, me and my mechanic are going to look over the engine to see what we can slap onto it from the newer sentra GA16/13. I'm hoping i can use the fuel system, the twincam 16v head, and the transmission from the newer car, and slap them onto the old block. What we are going to do now is check the oil galleries to see if the thing will actually fit to the newer head.

The mechanic is pessimistic because of the timing chain, but i'm taking this all one thing at a time.
:cool:
I'll move it for ya.

·
Doodeee doodee doodee doo
1,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
addendum: my mistake...

it seems that the only thing that the engine will fit is the body. We've got all the mountings in the right places, or at least close enough to fit, but the head seems to be completely different.

This means no twin cams, no chain timing, no fuel injection, and no ECCS. Damn. Now we need to find a beater body to put this thing in. :(

·
Banned
302 Posts
Anybody know the best place to get a 200 SX supercharged? How much would it cost roughly and how much more horsepower would there be? Has anyone done it?

·
Driver
736 Posts
Even if you can't transfer anything from the GA16 onto the GA20,it still doesn't seem like a bad idea to swap one of those into the sentra, since even with the older technology, it still makes more power than the GA16.

R

·
0 Posts
check importtuner

akk51 said:
Anybody know the best place to get a 200 SX supercharged? How much would it cost roughly and how much more horsepower would there be? Has anyone done it?
in importtuner 3 month ago was a new sentra
supercharged by area 51, maybe the can help!?!

·
Registered
170 Posts
Re: check importtuner

ride154 said:

in importtuner 3 month ago was a new sentra
supercharged by area 51, maybe the can help!?!
I think so far the only Sentras that have been supercharged are B15's (Area 51). Turbocharging has been shown to be more reliable, cost effective, and easier than supercharging (at least on the GA16DE and SR20DE).

R

·
0 Posts
turbo vs. supercharger

turbo is the nissan way to go,
only the new x-trail is blown.:p

·
pay your rent!
601 Posts
se_nismo said:
i think that ga20 is such a good idea because its soo different lets see some more frankenstein motors for nissan!!
frankenstein motors...lol...i like the way that sounds.:D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts