Nissan Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
4,308 Posts
cones filters them selves dont do anything, they are just a better shaped to place on the end of a CAI or short ram. could you imagine putting a rectangle filter on the end of a CAI? no. its like putting a high performance muffler on your car without a full exhaust, you may get 1-2 HP but untill you get the full thing all you have is noise

·
Banned
4,308 Posts
omnimedia said:
for the $$$ it makes a cool hissing sound, hahah
a little difference throaty sound is lounder
slightly faster is placement is good
lol yea thats all i got from mine..........then my home made bracket broke and it made this awsome *rattle* *rattle* * rattle* sound :rolleyes: now my bracket is 1/4 inch think solid aluminum rod :thumbup: about 1 inch wide by 1/4 inch thick......its not breaking anytime soon.
youmolo said:
In fact, without cold air, those kind of filters can actually reduce peformance.
^ huh? thats not true.........it can only improve because instead of having a highly constrictive air box and silencer you now have a filter that goes striate to 3in diameter tubing (from filter to maf)

·
Banned
4,308 Posts
spec240sx said:
This kind of smokes your prior post about a cone filter not doing anything ... :D
:)
i didnt mean not doing ANYTHING...........it will add about1-2 HP just by freeing up the air tract and allowing the engine to breath easyer....i just mean its not worth it. but it cant hurt. like i said before a cone filter is just like any other filter, its just a better shape to put on the end of a performance intake.
edit: haha! read the end of my other post :thumbup: i said you may gain 1-2 hp but its useless :thumbup: weeee.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.