Nissan Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
According to Nissan's specs on the sr20de n/a engine, it's supposedly 10:1 and 10.5:1 in a few other countries with the same engine making more hp and still n/a. But we all know that manufacturers reserve the right to fudge a little when selling stuff soo...

·
**best avatar award**
2,596 Posts
only thread i could find on compression ratios for the ga16de....

so what is the stock compression ratio on the ga16de? 9.5:1?

·
Powered By hopes & dreams
8,328 Posts
97PocketRocket said:
According to Nissan's specs on the sr20de n/a engine, it's supposedly 10:1 and 10.5:1 in a few other countries with the same engine making more hp and still n/a. But we all know that manufacturers reserve the right to fudge a little when selling stuff soo...
all non-turbo SR20s are 9.5:1 except for b15 RR SR20s which are 9.7:1, and some JDM SR20s and European SR20s were 10:1.

·
Boxed Fox
1,313 Posts
sno said:
what about the ga?
The GA16DE in the USDM B14 Sentra and the GA15DE in the JDM Sentra/Lucinos had 9.9:1 compression.

EDIT: While we're on the topic, let me add that if you get really lucky, you might be able to get a Autech tuned SR20DE out of a Autech Lucino. It produced 175ps (~172hp) and had 11.5:1 compression. Don't get your hopes up though. It was only produced for less than a year between 96 and 97, and it wasn't very popular.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Intrestingly i remember reading an article on the GA and the compression ratio quoted by manufacture indeed was 9:9:1 but when tested came out at 9:5.25:1 :thumbup: which is a good compression for turbocharging. :rolleyes: which would explain why the ga seems to respond better turbo turbocharging then the SR20. :jump:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts