Nissan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
im trying to find a good set of 6.5 component speakers, heres what ive looked at

Phoenix Gold OCTANE-ZR6.5 COMP 6.5" 150W Component Set $90 (not so great??)

Pioneer TS-C160R 6.5" REV Component Speaker Package $144.99

Alpine SPR-176A 6 1/2" R-Series Component Two-Way Speaker $134.99

heard good things bout the pioneers and alpines, i just want some feedback from ppl who have used them

they will be unamped for the time being, ive got an alpine head unit, 50watt max

thx

·
^ ownz you all ^
2,524 Posts
the infinity references are supposed to do decent on headunit power, which btw is closer to 22rms, not 50rms

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sr20dem0n said:
the infinity references are supposed to do decent on headunit power, which btw is closer to 22rms, not 50rms

gah, srry, i meant to say 50 watts MAX, lol, ill edit the post, thx

ima stay away from the alpines, heard bad things bout them from too many ppl, i have infinities now, and theres no low bass, but they are coaxil, so, idk

thx tho

·
^ ownz you all ^
2,524 Posts
nothing that cheap and on so little power is going to have any low bass

check out cdt though, I've heard the cl-61a's do alright on headunit power, but they would really rather be amped

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
sr20dem0n said:
nothing that cheap and on so little power is going to have any low bass

check out cdt though, I've heard the cl-61a's do alright on headunit power, but they would really rather be amped

i like the cdt's, add those to the list

also, Visonik VXC62 6-1/2" Component System, any good?

·
Registered
291 Posts
From what you listed...PGs
There are other brands who will get you better quality for the $$ but you didnt really ask an "open" question, so I will stray away from being a "post whore" and list them...unless you want suggestions?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Azgrower said:
From what you listed...PGs
There are other brands who will get you better quality for the $$ but you didnt really ask an "open" question, so I will stray away from being a "post whore" and list them...unless you want suggestions?
i am very open for suggestions, i browse a lot of stores, so i see the same brands over and over, i am more than willing to here your suggestions, i need to find some new brands to look at

right now, its between the alpines and the cdt's and the PG's, but i am open for suggestions

·
Registered
291 Posts
91ser said:
i am very open for suggestions,

right now, its between the alpines and the cdt's and the PG's, but i am open for suggestions
In that case...CDTs over the other two. Phoenix Gold does have a very nice HIGH END set, the Ti series, in which they have a 3 way set (9" driver, 3" midrange, 1" tweet) but thats over $1200! Some other brands to look at are....(and you prolly wont see these in many stores around town):

Resonant Engineering
Elemental Designs
Treo
Image Dynamics
Diamond Audio
Ground Zero
DLS
Adire
a/d/s

I know I have missed some good ones, but I am sure my fellow members will chime in where I left off (and I mean Kenwood or Rockford Fosgates either)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts