Nissan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've done a search but it seems I can't find any straight poop on this.

Is there anything form the b15 platform that's compatible with our b14 platform? Namely the Rack and Pinion?

The reason I ask is this. Last weekend I car-sat a 2001 Sentra SE 2.0. Needless to say I beat the snot out of it, and came away extremely impressed with the car as a whole, especially the high-effort steering compared to the GLE my wife has.

I guess the question I ask is, will the R&P fit the b14 with little or no mods? Or is there something that I could do to make my steering a little more "high-effort"?

-verno

N

·
0 Posts
unorthadox racing makes a pully set where one of the pully's on the set raplaces the power stearing pully..... As to the effect it has on the stearing I have no clue nor have I ever heard anything on it as to how it effects the stearing... The point if the pully with the set is as with the rest of the set is to free up engine horsepower buy giving less work for the motor buy lightning the pully's..... So anyway that's the only stearing mod I know of...

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Im not really worried about freeing up horsepower. It's that the b15 se that I drove had a higher effort steering than the light, no feedback steering I get on my b14.

-verno

·
Registered
393 Posts
i havent checked, but if the power-steering pump is on its own belt, take the belt off, and now you have manual steering. if its run on the same belt as anything else, you can get a custom belt made

·
Red line chaser
814 Posts
If it's steering feedback you want, you are in need of a set of camber plates. Gets rid of a large piece of vibration absorbing rubber that allows a more immediate response to driver's input, plus allows you to feel more connected with the road. That's what did it in my car.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Do you think the camber plates and bushings will give my b14's "light pinky-finger ease of steering" and turn it into a "use both hand and feel everything through your hands" type of steering? The feel I want is like having your tires a little low in air pressure in the front, but not as bad as taking off your PS belt.

I know it's hard to explain, anyone with a b15 SE 2.0 can give me a hand here?

-verno

1 - 8 of 8 Posts