Nissan Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have any of you guys noticed an increase in power with the coming of colder weather? I sure have. How about you guys with the intakes, you should really be noticing a difference

·
I miss good ol' OT
1,716 Posts
Just install Injen CAI on a night when it hit 45 deg. My car pulled and pulled like it had never pulled before.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Slurppie said:
My car is loving the colder weather. The problem with loosing power after driving for a while doesnt seem to be a problem
Ditto.. Our cars.. and mostly all cars love that colder weather.. Our VQ loves when it's cold out, and now with my CAI, my car pulls harder then ever.. :D

·
Registered
176 Posts
i have a weird one for you. my steering feels tighter in colder weather.

just noticeable, not good or bad.....does this mean that i need to go to a more viscous hydraulic fluid?

remember i have arizona extreme temperatures here. it can be 100 in the daytime in Phoenix and 32 the same night up where i live (3 hours apart)

·
Friends of ours...
1,348 Posts
3.5SE Auto said:
i have a weird one for you. my steering feels tighter in colder weather.
Same here... I think a fluid change is needed...

And my car goes like a bat out of hell on cold/low humidity days.

·
Registered
176 Posts
i played wtih the engine dyno calculator

it says that for a 40 degree drop in temperature (100 f to 60 f) at the same barometric pressure (29.6 in hg) i would get a drop of 0.2 sec in the quarter.

does this help? if not i am going back to the track with the same setup as before.

the last time was ~105 f

nov 14 SCO should be areound 65-70F

the only new mod is my UDP

i will let you know on the 15th

·
Yea, I'm a freak..
560 Posts
Buddy02 said:
Yes the Alty loves the cool air!! Which G -Tech do you have? How accurate is it?:D
G-Tech Pro...accuracy? You can grab the details from the site but without having anything to really compare it to its hard to say. Other people have used them and reported that they are pretty much dead on.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Slurppie said:
G-Tech Pro...accuracy? You can grab the details from the site but without having anything to really compare it to its hard to say. Other people have used them and reported that they are pretty much dead on.
I'm going to ask Santa for one:D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts