Nissan Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have recently got a Nissan Sentra 1994 LE. It has 153k on the clock. The previous owner used to drive it 100 miles a day for almost a year. So I am pretty sure everything in the car is mostly OK. But I have a few problems.

1. Whenever the car is started after say 2 days or so ( it is winter here -10 C etc ) , the car doesnt start at all. I can hear the cranking ( battery not dead! ) . But the fuel wont ignite ( i think ) It fires sometimes at random. Then after a good five minute cranking with lots of accelerator jabbing the engine starts. But then it will not repeat this nonsense vere agin till say I take break for a few days or more.


2. The buzzer keeps going off. I wish someone could tell me where it is located so I can take it out.

3. There is a light on the dashboard which says " Check Valve" This light has been on forever according to the previous owner. Any ideas how to switch it off?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I thought I will put in a new air filter and new spark plugs . A high octane tank of gas to clean the injectors. New oil everywhere...what else should I do ?

I am looking to get the optimum out of my car for very less $$$..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
98 Posts
a_d_y_a said:
1. Whenever the car is started after say 2 days or so ( it is winter here -10 C etc ) , the car doesnt start at all. I can hear the cranking ( battery not dead! ) . But the fuel wont ignite ( i think ) It fires sometimes at random. Then after a good five minute cranking with lots of accelerator jabbing the engine starts. But then it will not repeat this nonsense vere agin till say I take break for a few days or more.
the buzzer is located behind the gage cluster just unplug it...

for your other problems if you look at the plugs and let us know what they look like we can tell you whats mostlikly wrong

if the car turns over its either fuel or ingntion
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
98 Posts
a_d_y_a said:
I thought I will put in a new air filter and new spark plugs . A high octane tank of gas to clean the injectors. New oil everywhere...what else should I do ?

I am looking to get the optimum out of my car for very less $$$..

putting in high octane gas wont do much just buy some injector cleaner.

new fuel filter
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
PSr_SEX-R said:
check valve? i didnt think there was a ligth that said check valve. does it mean check engine?!
I will check the check light!
LOL

Thanx for the other info.

How to check the spark plugs? How often sould you change them?

which brand fuel filter?

Also how to do wheel alignment because the car pulls to the right..

btw - i really like the car. I have put 250+ miles since last two days!

aditya
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1 Posts
Were you able to get this working?

Mine did the EXACT same thing today.

I replaced the fuel filter and spark plugs and the car STILL doesn't start. The car turns over, but does't start. Never ignites. Once in a while it sounds lke it is about to cooperate...but it doesn.t WTF!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
mattssi said:
Were you able to get this working?

Mine did the EXACT same thing today.

I replaced the fuel filter and spark plugs and the car STILL doesn't start. The car turns over, but does't start. Never ignites. Once in a while it sounds lke it is about to cooperate...but it doesn.t WTF!!!
It starts alright..I just need to start it atleast once a day to keep it from acting up!


Also- which engine oil is the best for the B13?
Which brand fuel filters?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
PSr_SEX-R said:
check valve? i didnt think there was a ligth that said check valve. does it mean check engine?!
Yes I checked it is only a check light...It is the check engine light. Any idea.. went to Autozone for their free engine light chekup . the guy said he cant tell for a 10 yr old car!


Duh!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
98 Posts
a_d_y_a said:
Yes I checked it is only a check light...It is the check engine light. Any idea.. went to Autozone for their free engine light chekup . the guy said he cant tell for a 10 yr old car!


Duh!

its mostlikely emission stuff. on older cars stuff starts to ware out, like your o2 sensor, EGR, and your cat (meow) youll get worse gas millage but other than that i wouldnt worry about it. at least i havent and my car still goes. my check engine light went on about 50K milles ago
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
98 Posts
a_d_y_a said:
How often sould you change them?
depends on the plug, i would just put new plugs in if your having starting issues.

a_d_y_a said:
How to check the spark plugs?
just take the spark plug out and let us know if its white, which means your not getting fuel........ if its soaked in fuel your not getting ignition.

a_d_y_a said:
which brand fuel filter?
since your don't have any fuel upgrades ie pump, injectors..... you can get any brand you want. just go to your local auto store and pick up the one that fits in your budget

a_d_y_a said:
Also how to do wheel alignment because the car pulls to the right..
you'll be better off taking it in and have someone else do the alignment. thats the only way it will be perfect
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
98 Posts
it might be your intake gasket. i also had the some problems and after i changed the gaskets it went away, but i would check/replace the other things first
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Top