Nissan Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if VG has a cold start plug or some device helps the engine run good at startup?

Thanks,

old90

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So it would be logical to say that if the engine temp sensor is bad it could cause the ECU to get the wrong info on actual engine temp?

How often should the engine temp sensor be replaced?

old90

·
Will work for beer
2,696 Posts
You're correct. If the sensor goes bad, it will think the engine is hot all the time. your fans will run the whole time the car is on, and it will do other things (like adjust the fuel mix) to try and bring down the engine temps.

generally you just replace these when they go bad. the ones on my car are the original ones- or are at least 4 years old, as that's how long I've had the car.
My old Maxima was another '93 and I owned it from 30,000 miles until it's death in 2001. never had any issues with the sensors in it being bad.

This sensor on your car is located on the pass side coolant line housing, just above your timing cover. it will be a rectangular connector with 2 wires..
http://www.mattblehm.com/pics/old_max/car/intake_manifold/dirty_lower_manifold_1.jpg
you can see it in the top left of this pic- it's a red sensor with a yellow plug on the harness.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts