Nissan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2016 Nissan Frontier when cold start the rpm goes very high, 2200+, for about 20 seconds.
Awakes everyone in house (and some neighbors) when I leave early AM. Dealer says this is normal.......
......is it?? :wtf:

·
Registered
20 Posts
2016 Nissan Frontier when cold start the rpm goes very high, 2200+, for about 20 seconds.
Awakes everyone in house (and some neighbors) when I leave early AM. Dealer says this is normal.......
When you say "cold", do you mean outside temperature or that the engine hasn't been run since last night? I've had mine 6 months and never noticed.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
344 Posts
Mine is a '13 with the V6 and when the engine is cold, it rev's to a little over 2K, then quickly goes to about 1700, then as the engine warm's up lower's to about 550. When the Ambient Temperature is low, the Fan Clutch is initially engaged, then releases, which initially give's a roaring sound, but goe's away within a couple second's when the Fan Clutch Releases.

This summer in the Hot weather, I've noticed that the Fan Clutch isn't engaged on cold start up, and less noise. Mine only has 10K mile's on it, so mine may be limbering up, so to speak, but I'll know more after the summer, when the ambient temperature is colder.

Did you modify Your Factory Exhaust? If so,, then that would add to the Sound Level.

·
NF Mod/Nissan Master Tech
9,341 Posts
Sounds "normal" to me. It's called "cold start fast idle" and, as already mentioned, you will hear the fan run until the fan clutch releases.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cold start from last night............here in Florida with 88* temp, checked fan clutch, not running, just high rpms on engine for aprox. 20 secs.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts