Nissan Forum banner

Cold air intakes

2K views 13 replies 3 participants last post by  jflex 
G
#1 ·
Just got my 2002 SE-R, and was looking for cold air intakes that don't take all my money, and also looking for maybe good used wheels. I don't see too many parts for SE-R lots of everything else.... if anyone knows let me know... thanks..:cool:

G
#3 ·
That's a good price for an AEM CAI. I went and got an Injen CAI and had it on in about an hour. Love the sound and the polished aluminum looks awesome. Why did I go with an Injen? Everybody seems to go with AEM and I'm all about being different and I personally think an intake is an intake +/- a half a pony.

G
#4 ·
I looked at the Injen, it's a nice piece but I don't really want a polished one. I do like the filter cover they make, looks real nice when you look under the car.

And you're right, an intake is an intake, 205 to my door was too hard to pass up;)

G
#5 ·
CAI

Consider being a little different...K&N makes a drop in filter. Goes right into the stock box...and a reported gain of about 6 - 8 hp. Consider it. Oh yea, how's $40 sound to ya?

G
#7 ·
Re: CAI

HardJalard said:
Consider being a little different...K&N makes a drop in filter. Goes right into the stock box...and a reported gain of about 6 - 8 hp. Consider it. Oh yea, how's $40 sound to ya?
I have one, and show me a dyno that shows 6-8hp. Also, AEM will have a K&N also so what is the difference? Probably the cooler air coming in I think.

The stock air box on the spec is pretty restrictive, you could try the "ghetto" mod, where you take the bottom of the air box out for better and cooler airflow....

G
#9 ·
I have one, and show me a dyno that shows 6-8hp
I have a dyno sheet showing 5 HP with the K&N drop in. I don't have a scanner but if you want I can fax it to you. I dynoed mine at Grassroots Motorsports Dyno day at BPM in Sugar Hill, GA. Lots of spectaturs so its not BS. Everyone couldn't believe it but there it was!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.