Nissan Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
98 r50--can i just detach the ramair box and all that and just goto autozone and get one of those KN look alikes and put it on the end of the intake hose?? theres a plug in the end of that hose though so thats why im asking..

·
Registered
117 Posts
your best bet witch you will benny from is to do the rite cold air way wat engine do you have?

·
Registered
117 Posts
i have a maf housing for a cold airintake for a v-6 if you want it i dont you could do a short ram to save some cash just go down to the auto store that carries that stuff and buy a few intake peices note what degees your gona need to make it happen and the room you have to work with you could do what you planed b4 its posibble but the true cold air is much nicer looks and works better for my hardbody the 1 piece cold air intake from a dealer was like 600 and i built one frome schucks for 185 out the door so there you go hope that helps

·
Registered
11 Posts
i wanted to do a cai for my 94 pathfinder. could i plug the three vacuum lines on the intake or should i use grommets instead. and sorry i kinda hijacked the thread.

·
Registered
117 Posts
youll want to use grometsthe vacuum lines on the intake are very inportant for the engine to idle.

·
Registered
117 Posts
yup there you go how much did it cost you for every thing just curios?

·
Registered
117 Posts
sweet that ef'n cheap

1 - 12 of 12 Posts