Nissan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
120 Posts
www.sentra.net has articles on good mods 200sx and sentra in kojimo's (sp?) garage. he says one of the best would be the hotshot CAI, which there is a group buy for it now http://www.nissanforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=4978. the deadline is Oct. 7, though the thread has been dead for a couple days. maybe you should try to get in on it.

cold air intakes will add more power than just a cone or WAI because cold air is more dense than warm air, so it has more oxygen for the engine to burn up. i think thats right

·
Your electrical friend
2,177 Posts
You have to do some cutting of sheetmetal to widen a hole where the stock intake was to get the tube down behind the bumper/fender. You also have an intake temp sensor that needs to be dealt with. Some guys let the sensor hang there but others have an engine light come on becuase of that. I'd recommend cutting a hole into the intake piping just before the MAF to mount the sensor.

·
Your electrical friend
2,177 Posts
I'd suggest buying a used one or just buying the cheapest new one that's out there. Place Racing is about the cheapest. It's just metal tubing, a filter and a MAF adapter so as long as a used one is cheap and in decent shape that's what I'd look for. You'll have to check around for a good price. Don't know if www.nopionline.com has them or not, but they'll likely be the cheapest. Also check www.ptuning.com I know they have them but not necessarily cheap. www.motivational.net might have them at a decent price.

·
Registered
45 Posts
for anyone that has cai: do you leave the splash guard on and if so, does it restrict air from going through the filter??

the splash guard seems to surround the whole thing, so i was just wondering if it made a difference

·
Your electrical friend
2,177 Posts
I wouldn't recommend taking the splash guard off. I don't think it restricts airflow much and your filter will get dirty as hell quick from your wheel throwing shit at it, not to mention you'll have to worry more about it getting wet. I didn't take mine off on my XE and I won't on my SE-R either.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts