Nissan Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey folks.. im wanting to get a Cold Air intake for my 03 spec v and i have read some threads about what kinds are good to have and some notes on installs.

But, i havent read on whether any cutting would have to be done...specifically where the pipe travels through the hole by the battery down to the wheel fender..

Any comments?
thanks all

· Registered
156 Posts
Although cutting will be a little cleaner, what I did was just use a hammer and chisel and just pounded it open. Either method is pretty easy since that part of the frame is made of very thin aluminum. I had to do this with the Nismo intake... I don't know if other brands will fit through the existing opening. I also recommend using some sort of rubber lining so that your intake doesn't rub on the metal.

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

well that nismoperfmag site is one of the first sites i read up on and even with the pics it was hard to see if he had to cut..

but looks like one person had to cut or make wider opening..hmm see cuz i had to do that with my 94 altima that i had when i installed the Place Racing CAI. ur sayin it was easy to do but wow..with that altima i had it was difficult to cut..

thx for the information... any other info as well may help.

· Not Anymore.
9,075 Posts
The Hotshot does not need to be cut and I wouldnt buy anything other than them for a CAI. Almost all other brands have problems and they are generally not just an isolated incident.

· PB JELLY TIME!
3,616 Posts
I got the Nismo Gen2 intake for the 04, and I cut away some of the metal. I first bent it but then cut metal snip cutter things and cut away some of it. Then I used the stripping that came with it and went around the whole. Then I got some weather stripping from Home depot and lined the whole with that. It is snug and doesnt have metal to metal contact. I like it. I dont know about gains but the sound is very nice.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.