Nissan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how many mileages do you change your cold air intake filter? my sentra horsepower been lagging and i'm thinking i should change or clean the cold air intake filter. i havent pulled my left tire out yet and take a look at the filter, but i'm suspecting the filter is clogged with dust and crud...

·
Oh, Herro!
2,337 Posts
I've got a WAI, and I just clean the thing once or twice a year, basically whenever it starts looking nasty.

·
Mofo
2,225 Posts
Here are the directions from K&N.

1) Service every 50,000 -100,000 miles on street driven applications.
2) Service often in off-road or heavy dust conditions or when air filter reaches 18" of restrictions.
3) Let the dirt "build-up" work for you; it will not hurt the performance and actually help filter the air.
CAUTION:
Extreme fine dust in agriculture or off-road use will pull the oil
from the element. Frequent re-oiling of the element's clean side might be required. Completely service when practicable. For extra protection use K&N sealing grease on rubber ends of the element. Service only with K&N air filter cleaner and K&N air filter oil.

When ever i get a chance, usually after i get my oil changed, i give it a good look over. If need be, ill take it off, clean, and recharge it.

·
Nissan Fanatic since 1999
308 Posts
Do it about 3 times a year, because it is by the wheel well and it picks up more dirt than a WAI. Also clean out your throttle body once a year as well with a tooth brush and some TB cleaner.

·
Cone Dodger
3,093 Posts
well the cleaning of the tb is basically part of every 15k service, and it helps though, only that at first there would be some idle fluctuations, not because of the tb cleaner, but the slight change in the air passages, especially in the idle air control valve.....and if you dump/spray enough, it might loosen up some of that carbon crap behind the intake valves.....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts