Nissan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know that HS does not have a bypass value for their cold air intake, and that the AEM does not come with it either, but should I retro-fit the AEM bypass valve for winter or go back to stock air box? I am a little worried about pulling snow into my engine. IS this a false concern. I know I am not going to drive when we get 6 in or a foot of snow but what about a light dusting or an inch or two

·
Registered
369 Posts
MNspecV11 said:
I know that HS does not have a bypass value for their cold air intake, and that the AEM does not come with it either, but should I retro-fit the AEM bypass valve for winter or go back to stock air box? I am a little worried about pulling snow into my engine. IS this a false concern. I know I am not going to drive when we get 6 in or a foot of snow but what about a light dusting or an inch or two
A bypass valve will not work very well on the se-r. If you are concerned about water intake change your cai to a wai by removing the lower section of your intake.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do I have reason to worry?

·
Registered
86 Posts
assuming you installed your cai just like mine, my intake is completely protected underneath. There's no way snow could even get to it. Water can make its way through the cracks and openings of the panels and fender linings if submerged but snow isn't a concern.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts