Nissan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to convert my existing Stillen Hi-Flow intake sucking hot air in from my engine into a cold air. I am trying to avoid having to shell out $190.00 for a place racing CAI.
Does anyone have any suggestions?

·
Registered
351 Posts
yes. buy a 180 degree (U shape) mandrel bend from jcwhitney.com, cut it in proper pieces and buy necessary couplers from home depot... you will also need to buy 2 MAF adapters to connect POP charger to the end of the piping and to connect extended piping to MAF... shouldn't take you over $50

·
DNE's VZR Conversion
6,079 Posts
or you can buy a 1 piece CP Cold air intake with Stainless steel filter for about 200 bux with shipping n tax included.

·
Registered
351 Posts
LIUSPEED said:
or you can buy a 1 piece CP Cold air intake with Stainless steel filter for about 200 bux with shipping n tax included.
He just said he is trying to avoid chipping out $190 for a full intake and you're offering him extension for $200? Do you even read posts or just titles?

PS What is stainless steel filter?! Does it have dual tip too?

·
Registered
351 Posts
James said:
as the addition of many couplers creates turbulent flow.
James, I think if your cuts are precise enough, then you can make it so that pipes are touching each other at all points and turbulence will be minimal. Ofcourse if you can get pipes welded for under $25 or so then go for it. I would advise against PVC plastic piping method offered at altimas forums, but if you're really on the budget, then that would work too, just not as good my guess..

·
in^3,N20,RPM,PSI
4,652 Posts
By Nature said:

James, I think if your cuts are precise enough, then you can make it so that pipes are touching each other at all points and turbulence will be minimal. Ofcourse if you can get pipes welded for under $25 or so then go for it. I would advise against PVC plastic piping method offered at altimas forums, but if you're really on the budget, then that would work too, just not as good my guess..
yeah true... but 25 bucks for welding or 25 bucks for a whole bunch of couplers that could come loose? Yeah PVC is last choice.

·
DNE's VZR Conversion
6,079 Posts
He just said he is trying to avoid chipping out $190 for a full intake and you're offering him extension for $200? Do you even read posts or just titles?
i can prob make it cheaper than that like 170 but that approx price. Dual tip filter? this filter is like ones on the K&N filters but a bit bigger and is stainless steel.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts