Nissan Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
Has anyone had to deal with these 2 codes and what specifically did you have to fix or repair in order to get rid of these codes because I replaced what I thought was the problem (according to the code) and the “check engine light” is still on?

Thanks!

·
Admin and Sup Mod keeping the peace
7,599 Posts
The P0130 can be caused by the harness or connectors have a short to ground or the circuit is open. Also the sensor itself may be bad.

The P0014 can be caused by the following:

• Bad crankshaft position sensor
  • Bad camshaft position sensor
  • Bad exhaust valve timing control position sensor
  • Bad exhaust valve control solenoid valve
  • Accumulation of debris to the signal pick-up portion of the camshaft
  • Foreign matter caught in the oil groove for exhaust valve timing control

It may be that a drain/fill of the motor oil might fix the P0014.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hi
Has anyone had to deal with these 2 codes and what specifically did you have to fix or repair in order to get rid of these codes because I replaced what I thought was the problem (according to the code) and the “check engine light” is still on?

Thanks!
When is the last time you replaced your plugs. Unless you are getting 100K mile plugs and instead getting the cheap autolite plugs, they do not last long and you will get the po130 code

·
Registered
21 Posts
When is the last time you replaced your plugs. Unless you are getting 100K mile plugs and instead getting the cheap autolite plugs, they do not last long and you will get the po130 code
my bad I was thinking the po130 was the misfire I know that I have had the po014 ad the po130 as well as many other codes in the last year. Also, a fuse that is not seated all of the way into the fusebox can through all kinds of codes. Fouled plugs can throw all kinds of codes as well

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
The P0014 can be caused by the following:
  • Bad crankshaft position sensor
  • Bad camshaft position sensor
  • Bad exhaust valve timing control position sensor
  • Bad exhaust valve control solenoid valve
  • Accumulation of debris to the signal pick-up portion of the camshaft
  • Foreign matter caught in the oil groove for exhaust valve timing control
This post has to be in the wrong forum. P0014 is EVT and not IVT. It's only valid for gen2 Rogues, not gen1's of any MY.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts