Nissan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, So after disconnecting the power by accident on the computer while trying to get the codes read, i took it for a drive to see if it would register a code. I got code 12 ( one red and two green flashes on the computer ). My owners manual says its the AFM.

I've got another airflow meter somewhere in my room but its been out of a car for a little while. How do i go about replacing the one ive got ( it looks like it'll be a tight fit to get to it ).

Would this be one of hte reasons why im only getting about 28mpg on the car? Last year i was getting above 30 and the valves werent too well adjusted.

Any input would be appreciated.

Marc

·
Nissan Junkie
917 Posts
sentra clasic is that E powered or GA if it is E then the MAF is fairly easy to replace and yes it can cause poorer milage.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
mille-16i said:
sentra clasic is that E powered or GA if it is E then the MAF is fairly easy to replace and yes it can cause poorer milage.

its an e16... .the only thing im worried about is getting it out with all the other wirign and crap like that that's around it.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
c'mon... wheres webfoot and minutericesentra... they've gotta have some input on this :hal: :cheers: :cheers:

·
Ex-mod/nissan guru
2,136 Posts
just mark the relation of the Tps, take it off and youll have space enough to change the maf.... only the filter housing needs to be taken off at this point... shouldnt be hard to do

·
Registered
87 Posts
I replaced mine last week in my 87 e16i pulsar. just took off the air filter housing. unplug tps and undo the 2 screws to take it off. unplug afm undo the screws. pull straight out. remove the left over sealer gunk on the tb. put a lil liquid gasket around the new afm so it seals to the throttle body. put it straight in . screws back in pulg back on etc.. tps back on , readjust tps . then plug in the tps plug and put air filter housing back on. took me about 10 min

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hmm.. ive got one lying around my room somewhere i know.. ill just have to test it as per the manual's instructions and go from there i guess? anything else I should do while im down in there?

·
Nissan Junkie
917 Posts
yeah don't use liquid gasket use dielectric compound that helps preserve the life of the mass air flow.

·
Ex-mod/nissan guru
2,136 Posts
mille-16i said:
yeah don't use liquid gasket use dielectric compound that helps preserve the life of the mass air flow.
exact plus it make gorund contact with the TBI.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts