Nissan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have anyone done that? I've been doing that sometimes and it is really nerve wrecking!

I would clutch in, shift (but sometimes shift slow), but out of habit, I would clutch back out as usual. Because of the "sometimes" slow shifts, gears would engage only AFTER I started letting the clutch go. VRRRRRRRRRTTTTT!!! :(

Embarassing to say the least.

·
Registered
781 Posts
naddie said:
Have anyone done that? I've been doing that sometimes and it is really nerve wrecking!

I would clutch in, shift (but sometimes shift slow), but out of habit, I would clutch back out as usual. Because of the "sometimes" slow shifts, gears would engage only AFTER I started letting the clutch go. VRRRRRRRRRTTTTT!!! :(

Embarassing to say the least.
You just have to find a good ratio of gas and clutch.. Takes time.

·
Nissan Freak
462 Posts
hehe happened to me couple times too, but i was thinking million things at once lol

·
Nissan Freak
462 Posts
Teknokid said:
I have been doing that lately since I just started driving this car about a few days ago. it always jumps from first to second.
it maybe your second gear synchro
change your tranny fuild if it wasnt done before

get redline MT90 for those nice and smooth shifts

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
XtremE said:

it maybe your second gear synchro
change your tranny fuild if it wasnt done before

get redline MT90 for those nice and smooth shifts
Where and how much? :D Does it really make a difference? I wonder how much more smoother it can be... I already think the stock SE shifter is pretty slick.

·
Boost anyone?
1,625 Posts
My dad was saying i dont know how to shift but today he drove it. Man was i disgusted, he made it jump practically in every gear. I think i do need to change my tranny fluid. How much tranny fluid do i put in there?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts