Nissan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The pedal is squeeky and the clutch sticksd when it's cold, sometimes up to a minute. What does this mean? I need a new clutch? Or do I simply need to grease the pedal?

·
going on WOT!
108 Posts
i have the same problem...i suggest lubbing the pedal and cable and go from there..if that dont help change the cable, then clutch

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Okay thanks man... I will do the clutch last if it comes to that... I want to drop my SR20 in before I do that.

·
Registered
217 Posts
I had this problem and I was sure it was the throwout bearing, but on a whim I disconnected the clutch cable at the clutch release lever and sprayed white grease all over it. then I put it back on there, and adjusted the freeplay to factory specs. I had to do this a few times. there was some rust on the operating lever causing it to bind with the cable. but now it feels like a new clutch.

but that doesn't eliminate the possibility of a bad throwout bearing. start with the small stuff though. and since we have mechanical clutches and not hydraulic ones, it's easier cos we don't hafta worry about a master cylinder, slave cylinder, or fluid leaks.

Dan

1 - 4 of 4 Posts