Nissan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
so close to turbo...
925 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok gotta big problem here... when i shift or start up or anything my clutch is almost on the bottom of the floor basically.....yesterday it would come up about halfway and today it was just all the way down and ive got literally about a frikkin half inch of feathering...

my brother at first was thinking clutch and i already have a whole clutch kit ive been meaning to put in for a while but now it seems more like the slave cylinder... what do you guys think? id like to fix it tonight because i need to drive to school tomorrow morning and work afterwards.... so yea quick response if possible

·
Registered
405 Posts
I would say go with the clutch master cyc. the slave if you can do it i did that on my old 240 worked like a new trans after that. The clutch job will take more time then the clutch master cyc. and slave cyc.

·
so close to turbo...
925 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well turns out there was virtually no fluid in the clutch master cylinder....we put some in but there wasnt much response so we drove to autozone and got the slave cylinder for like 14 bucks and then voila it was fine....there must have been air in the lines or something cause the fluid seems to have cured it.i hope...

anyways im doing the clutch anyways because it slips like a mofo and ive had the clutch kit for months just havent had the window of opportunity to install it so far

i just got the pages copied from chiltons today but my new question is how long do you think a clutch job will take?and do you guys think it will be a bitch to do....any additional parts you recommend getting before i start the job?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts