Nissan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need a little advice. When driving my 1998 1.6L, when i try to accelerate in every gear, the cluch appear to b slipping. Can this be adjusted or do i need to replace clutch? or can it be another problem? Thanks in advance for any help.

·
who needs clearcoat
239 Posts
It can be adjusted, if you look under your hood on top of the transmission is the arm where the clutch cable connects there is a place to adjust it there. How many miles does you car have? I had to change my clutch at 160,000 but the only reason is because of turbo.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, i have 138,000 miles. When i try to accelerate it appears to slip, so adjusting it by the the screw on the arm might help?????

·
Registered
2018 Nissan Pathfinder SL
4,239 Posts
If the cable is tight and stopping it from clamping then yes.
Check the free play. The Spec is about .25 inch at the clutch actuating arm on the transmission end of the cable.
I run about 0.1 without any problems.
My GA clutch gave up at 90K because the diaphragm spring got weak, there was still plenty of disc material left.
My SR clutch is at 114K and Ok....

·
Registered
2018 Nissan Pathfinder SL
4,239 Posts
I dont know of a video...
There are threads here discussing this, search and you will find them.

·
who needs clearcoat
239 Posts
I keep kicking around doing a sentrachannel video on it, but I don't have the money to drop the 300 on a racing clutch yet, so maybe one day.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts