Nissan Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone on here had this problem before. When I first start the car and take off it will grind or scrape going in to 2nd gear. After it is warmed up it shifts really smooth without any grinding or scraping. Could it be that I need to change the fluid or add some.
Also could someone tell me where the turn signal flasher is on this car. My rear turn signals just quit working. I checked the wiring and power is not even getting to the rear turn signals. The fuse is fine and the brake lights work fine. Any ideas?
Oh yeah, the car is a 95 200SX 1.6

·
Come here often?
767 Posts
The tranny problem is pretty normal. It's just the synchro showing some wear. Don't worry, it's nowhere near close to failure. Changing your tranny oil (preferrably to Redline MT-90) should clear it up pretty well.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks....glad to know its not that bad. I'll change the tranny oil and see what happens.

Does anyone know what could be causing the turn signal problem?

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have the same problem....sort of.
Yesterday I was driving around and out of no where the signal lights quit....both left and right...it did not even make a clicking sound from the flasher when I turn on the signal lights.. All other lights works. This morning I started the car up and the signal lights works fine.

I am guessing it is either one of the bulbs, the flasher or the signal switch. I truely hope it is not the switch. A couple questions: If one bulb burns out do the flasher still make clicking sound...just click faster like all my other cars? Anyone know where is the flasher piece is located?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts