Nissan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i've got a 89 nissan 2wd hb and was wondering if i would have to replace my clutch if it doesn't engage all the time.... everytime i try go into reverse it doesn't engage and also sometimes putting it in first it doesn't engage fully either..... if i do have to get a new clutch i'm wondering what the cost would be of it.

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
i've got a 89 nissan 2wd hb and was wondering if i would have to replace my clutch if it doesn't engage all the time.... everytime i try go into reverse it doesn't engage and also sometimes putting it in first it doesn't engage fully either..... if i do have to get a new clutch i'm wondering what the cost would be of it.
Sounds like you do need clutch replacement. Probably run you bout $70 for clutch itself. Labor... bout 5 hours... $250?.... + $70 = $320?

Took us 8 hours to re and re a clutch on 4x4 HB King Cab. What a b*tch!

·
Registered
215 Posts
clutch

if you need a clutch i can get you an oem kit for cheap. i can get you a price on monday

·
Sup Mod keeping the peace
7,215 Posts
Besides checking the fluid level, make sure the clutch pedal free play is correct; if too much, you will have shifting problems.

·
Registered
215 Posts
CLUTCH

IF YOU NEED A CLUTCH, I CAN GET IT TO YOU FOR $150(CLUTCH DISC, COVER, THROW OUT BEARING, AND FLYWHEEL BUSHING.)ORIGINAL NISSAN.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts