Nissan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
nissan??? whats that
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When i accelerate hard then press in the clutch it makes this thud noise. also happens when im traveling slow in a high gear and i give it gas. it makes a clicking noise like its catching then bouncing then catching again. there is no loss in traction or acceleration and the clutch never grinds or slips. im not too sure whats going on...any clues?

·
Wise Cracker
5,730 Posts
slow200 said:
When i accelerate hard then press in the clutch it makes this thud noise. also happens when im traveling slow in a high gear and i give it gas. it makes a clicking noise like its catching then bouncing then catching again. there is no loss in traction or acceleration and the clutch never grinds or slips. im not too sure whats going on...any clues?

Have you worked on the tranny lately. Sounds like it could be the TO bearing. Make sure the cable is adjusted properly and nothing in the bay is interfering with the clutch cable/arm opertaion and go from there.

·
nissan??? whats that
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
wes said:
Have you worked on the tranny lately. Sounds like it could be the TO bearing. Make sure the cable is adjusted properly and nothing in the bay is interfering with the clutch cable/arm opertaion and go from there.
the only thing ive touched in the engine is the dist. the cable is in good condition. my first thought was that the "fingers" on the pressure plate are beeing rubbed against eather that or my mount is trash? Mabye im over centering? Is there any way to re center the clutch?

btw its stock clutch never been replaced and im at 100xxx miles

·
Registered
19 Posts
slow200 said:
the only thing ive touched in the engine is the dist. the cable is in good condition. my first thought was that the "fingers" on the pressure plate are beeing rubbed against eather that or my mount is trash? Mabye im over centering? Is there any way to re center the clutch?

btw its stock clutch never been replaced and im at 100xxx miles
i thought over centering was centripetal force causeing the pressure plate to stay open due to high rpm

·
nissan??? whats that
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
labrat said:
i thought over centering was centripetal force causeing the pressure plate to stay open due to high rpm
i do kind of feel some loss of power near the top end around 5-6

·
Registered
2018 Nissan Pathfinder SL
4,227 Posts
labrat said:
I don't know about over centering in the context of a clutch here but my understanding of over-centering in general when applied to a clutch would be when you press the diaphram spring "in" so far it goes past the point where it wants to return and "overcenters" to a full open position. No way to recover from this without removing the clutch.

So if your pedal returns to its up position then you are not overcentering.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts