Nissan Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 90' 300zx NA.

I just got the master and slave cylinders replaced and a clutch put in not too long ago. It drove fine for about 2 days then today when i got in and started the car I pressed the clutch and the clutch just shot down to the floor.

I had to pull the clutch up with my foot.

My mechanic bled both the 2 lines.

I got a Regular EXEDY CLUTCH kit installed

Could it be the pedal itself?

Please help I was going to show it to a potential buyer today. Damn!!!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I found out the problem the master cylinder is out of fluid...it could be a leak...Do i just put fluid in it or i have to do something else?

·
Power FC Z32
2,147 Posts
Call your mechanic and ask them what they want to do since it's the mechanics fault. When was this done done?

If the ydo nothing then you have to lift the car and see where the leak is coming from and fix it then add hydraulic fluid and rebleed.

Good luck.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
the job was done about 2 days ago...I didn't find a leak around the cylinder. I filled and re-bled like 3-4 times and still no clutch pedal pressure it is still just hitting the floor and wont pop back up...

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i'm getting ready to do that right now...Could it be that he just didnt fill it up as he should have?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
so it was leaking from the bottom but i got it tightened...i bled it like 6 times and still there is no pressure to the pedal

the slave cylinder was wet seemed like brake fluid...the little rod was not moving when the clutch was pressed.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i bled both top and bottom....the hoses were fine as well....i think i'm going to have to take it back to my mechanic....i didnt have this problem before it was just 2 days ago when i got the cylinders replaced....and today i had no pressure

thanks for your help Spongerider

·
Registered
12 Posts
Make sure your mechanic bench bled the master cylinder before it was installed, I'm probably mistaken, but don't the Z32's have a dampener ( I call it a dampener, it looks like a little box that the hydraulic lines run into) it also had to be bled and might be leaking too.

-Chris

·
Power FC Z32
2,147 Posts
Make sure your mechanic bench bled the master cylinder before it was installed, I'm probably mistaken, but don't the Z32's have a dampener ( I call it a dampener, it looks like a little box that the hydraulic lines run into) it also had to be bled and might be leaking too.

-Chris

You're right about the bench bled and the damper has a line going from it to the power steering reservoir which allows you the bleed the dampner. We call it bleeding from the top.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts