Nissan Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I'm new to the forum. I'm happy to have found this site. I have a 300zx that's been in storage for 7 (YES) 7 yrs. It's a convertible that had the top flip off on me when I was driving on the interstate. I didn't know who could fix it so I got upset and just put it in storage. I now have issues with it lying up. The first thing is the clutch pedal has lost pressure. The reservoir is full. How did the pedal lose pressure if the reservoir is full of fluid? Did the fluid leak out of the slave cylinder only? Do I need to get a new one or can I bleed the system> Thanks for help with this and also the many questions I will have getting this car back on the road.

·
NF Mod/Nissan Master Tech
9,298 Posts
Being in storage 7-years is bad on seals and chances are your clutch master is shot. That said, it would be foolish to replace that and not replace the clutch slave and hydraulic hose, as well. You also have to be concerned about brake system seals, as well.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
About this Discussion
1 Reply
2 Participants
smj999smj
Nissan Forum
Nissan Forums is the go to place to talk about your favorite Nissan model, including the Rogue, Maxima, Altima and even sports cars like the 370Z and 200SX.
Full Forum Listing