Nissan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok here's my situation..One day i got in my car and went to shift into 2nd and the clutch pedal went rite to the floor and oviously i couldnt shift...If i pump the cluth a few times, itll go back to normal for a gear or 2..So far ive replaced the master and slave cylinder and bled the crap out of it...theres NO air, believe me. I dont know what else to do, my mechanic thinks it could be something in the cluth pedal it's self, i will tell you after i replaced the master\slave cyl. it wasnt AS bad as it was before the swap, but its still doing the same things just not as bad, i can pump it and get to fifth with smooth accleration....im stumpted...and broke so far and am out of idea's...so where can i buy a replacement cluth pedal assembly(if that could possible be the problem) ?? please any suggestions help!

EDIT- The clutch hardley has 10k miles on it, got it replaced and it sat for about 3 months due to no insurance!

·
Power FC Z32
2,147 Posts
Ok here's my situation..One day i got in my car and went to shift into 2nd and the clutch pedal went rite to the floor and oviously i couldnt shift...If i pump the cluth a few times, itll go back to normal for a gear or 2..So far ive replaced the master and slave cylinder and bled the crap out of it...theres NO air, believe me. I dont know what else to do, my mechanic thinks it could be something in the cluth pedal it's self, i will tell you after i replaced the master\slave cyl. it wasnt AS bad as it was before the swap, but its still doing the same things just not as bad, i can pump it and get to fifth with smooth accleration....im stumpted...and broke so far and am out of idea's...so where can i buy a replacement cluth pedal assembly(if that could possible be the problem) ?? please any suggestions help!

EDIT- The clutch hardley has 10k miles on it, got it replaced and it sat for about 3 months due to no insurance!
Since you already replaced the master and the slave have you checked to see if the slave high pressure rubber line is leaking? Also you do know that there are two bleeding point to the system right?

1) Slave cylinder
2) Bleeding nipple next to the power steer reservoir.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Since you already replaced the master and the slave have you checked to see if the slave high pressure rubber line is leaking? Also you do know that there are two bleeding point to the system right?

1) Slave cylinder
2) Bleeding nipple next to the power steer reservoir.
Yes there are no leaks and yes i do know bout the 2nd bleeder point by the power steering reservoir

·
Registered
37 Posts
I know how you feel

My car is doing pretty much the same thing to me except mine is intermittent, some days it will work fine and others nothing.We've bled it,and the mechanic said theres nothing wrong with the slave or master cylinder.So if you figure it out please post how you fixed it.

·
Registered
119 Posts
My car is doing pretty much the same thing to me except mine is intermittent, some days it will work fine and others nothing.We've bled it,and the mechanic said theres nothing wrong with the slave or master cylinder.So if you figure it out please post how you fixed it.

got the same here but not sure how old clutch is. ( bought car used with no records) HOWEVER.....THIS HAS TO MEAN SOMETHING.......

when car (enging,tranny,clutch) is cold like in the morning after car sat overnight the clutch is A OK. then after driving about 15 min or if i try to shift @ 7000 rpm then it grinds ( even if I granny shift)

weird huh!.

I am thinking the preasure plate is soo old that it is weak(that happens to metal when it gets old and or hot)

I don't know if I am right but i may be on the right track.

besides..... a couple years down the road i am gonna get or make an adapter plate to fit in a GM turbohydromatic 700R4

·
Registered
37 Posts
See mines a little different.I'll know when I get in the car if its gonna work or not.Pretty much everytime I get in it the pedal goes to the floor but after i pump the clutch a few times it will usually come back.But if i park it for awhile i never know if its gonna work when i come back.No one can figure it out.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ITS THE ACUAL PEDAL SYSTEM!, i replaced the entire cluth pedal system and BAM everything is fine and has been for months now, sorry i forgot to post this when i fixed it but i just saw the link in my favorites..Its a bit hard to explain how the pedal effected it, but basically there is a pin in the pedal mech. and when you push the pedal up and down it rides on it and after 10 or so years it begans to wear down and that is exactly what happened and now after replacing the whole pedal setup the problem is fine!

·
Power FC Z32
2,147 Posts
You still have air in your system.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Okay so I had a similar issue, and being that Im not much of a mechanic, but somewhat fimiliar it was weird that after working fine, over night some how the fluid leaked, the pedal is all the way depressed. It did snow last night, and I wondered if that would have caused the problem, I also replaced the fluid, but no real response. Any advice? My friend is a mechnic too so If any one could respond it would be helpful

1 - 10 of 10 Posts