Nissan Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently changed the original clutch at 106k.Everything went fine(Thought it was going to be a B**)Nothing went wrong to my knowledge, but I did have a friend that was helping me.Now dont get me wrong we both are mechanicaly inclined, but something happened.There seems to be a sort of rubbing, clicking noise that comes from the trans bell housing area.It will go away when the clutch is down, but if you let the clutch up fast it will get real loud.Until you let it out nicely it will sort of go away.There arent any other noticeable problems with the trans/diff.The complete clutch was replaced(Disc,plate,t/o bearing) If anyone has had this prob please let me know what to do.The clutch has about 1000k on it already(including the 700 break-in)

·
Registered
327 Posts
Did you adjust the cable after the install? Mine was making the same noise{well fits the discription}, and that was the problem.
See it was a little loose and cause it to chatter while in the middle but quiet at the top and bottom.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I did ajust the cable as much as I could.The sound is deff coming from the transaxle area.I had to get a Not to CHEAP.but still cheap kit.(It just went one day and I didnt have much money)It was new though not RMF,paid 180..From my local ABC discount Auto Parts.

·
ex-Super *********
1,410 Posts
Alot of time that noise is caused by the throw out bearing or the tranny input bearing. You said you replaced the t/o. Maybe you got a bad oneor it is one of the other possibilities. My car does the same thing(clutch pedal in-no noise, pedal out-noise). I am hoping thats its the tranny input because it would be covered under my warranty.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I'm not lucky enough to have a warranty.Is a input bearing hard to do?.All input is apreciated...To be more descriptive the sound starts to quiet as the clutch is disengaging or vise versa(Gets louder as the clutch is engagaed.Inch by inch...)Hope I can get an answer cause I sure aint taking it to a local shop..They just mite take my SR20 and give me some GA16 ...LOL

·
ex-Super *********
1,410 Posts
Depends, do you think opening up the tranny and pulling some of it apart is hard?

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have done it before to BIG MACK truck tranny's but not these little things..It has to be torn down?

·
ex-Super *********
1,410 Posts
If you have torn down a big rig one, you should be able to handle it. I dont belive it has to be torn down all the way. If I remember right you can get to the bearing once you split the case.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Know where I could get Doc's on it?Or how about what the model# of the trans are in '95 SE-R's

·
ex-Super *********
1,410 Posts
Well, i am taking off right now. Ill do some searching once I get home. I know where to find the tranny #. Its on the door jam sticker, but I do not remember the exact location. Ill get back to you.

·
Cone Dodger
3,093 Posts
just a question, does anybody have a 2nd gear grind when doing a 4 to 2 shift when about to turn from a straightaway also while double-clutching, and all this started to happen when i changed my fluid the day before, to 80-90 castrol sf xj full synthethic, or a 4-2 is quite too fast for the tranny to drop into second, but i used to do that 4-2 all the time,i don't understand, help please, anybody, hello.........anybody.........help..........

·
Registered
327 Posts
azkicker0027

Man it sounds like you've hurt the synchros..Same thing I did.Yea if you wait til the speed drops It wouldn't be so hard on the trans.
You can avoid it by pausing befor puting the car into 2nd{hold the clutch in for a sec. longer befor puting into gear}.Or go 4 3 2; it only takes a sec more to hit the extra gear.There is no need to double clutch either well maybe now that will work on helping the grid form happening going to 2nd.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts