Nissan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys! ok well my car does this ever so often. when i try to accelerate quickly the rpms rev real high and the car dosent seem to go very far. ok example this morning on my way to school i had to pull out into traffic (i was running a little later than usual) and i rev to about 3 grand and was letting clutch out slowly well not slow but like i just wanted to get going not racing or anything, so then as i started to press the gas my rpms reved to 5 gran or so and my car was accelerating very slowly so then after tapping the gas a few time (2 or 3) the rpms dropped to where they should be and then i started to take off and fine drivng from there on out. this is kind of hard to explain but i tried. also my gas pedal squeaks sometimes, does it need to be lubed or something? please help i dont want this to happen while racing one day:( .

·
Oh, Herro!
2,337 Posts
Sounds like your clutch is on its last legs. Mine does the same thing on very rare occations. Might want to try adjusting the clutch cable first to see if that helps any.

G

·
The exact same thing has been happening to me lately. I'm hoping the clutch will last through winter and then when spring rolls around I'll put in an aftermarket one.

Anyone have any idea how long it'll keep working reasonably?

Aaron

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
what type of clutch should i get? I would like a nice perfomance one, any recommendations?

·
Oh, Herro!
2,337 Posts
I've heard nothing but good things about both ACT and the JWT model. When it comes time to replace mine, I will probably be going with the ACT piece.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts