Nissan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im having shit problems right now. I am stressing because my mother just had to get heart surgery and i was at the hospital and went to leave , buthen i went to start the car i pushed the clutch pedal in and it was real crappy loose. I checked out to see if it was possibly the cable but it was still good. What could it be that woudlnt release the clutch. thanks.

·
Registered
72 Posts
It could be a couple things. If the pedal is really soft it's most likely a leak in the master or slave cylinders. There's an off chance that the pressure plate could have failed but that is VERY uncommon.

·
Registered
3 Posts
onecloudyday said:
Im having shit problems right now. I am stressing because my mother just had to get heart surgery and i was at the hospital and went to leave , buthen i went to start the car i pushed the clutch pedal in and it was real crappy loose. I checked out to see if it was possibly the cable but it was still good. What could it be that woudlnt release the clutch. thanks.
Check to see that the clutch release lever is not broken or bent. The do have a tendency to break over time at the weld that holds the lever onto the shaft. Your cable may also simply have stretched to the point where you need to readjust your cable.

·
Registered
851 Posts
onecloudyday said:
its a cable clutch not a hydraulic.
i wasnt sure, but with that being said the clutch could be bad. i cant tell you for sure, but thats what it could be, if youre sure that the cable is fine. when my clutch went the pedal would be on the floor but the clutch was still grabbing the f.wheel and i had to grind it into evey gear at most (if i didnt grind them into gears they wouldnt go into gear at all)

this was all because my starter broke and took out my clutch too.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well i dropped the car off at my friends garage cause i dont have the time to do it myself right now with everything that is goin on. He said that the clutch is getting shitty and the throw out bearing is in about 3 pieces , also the release fork is broke. Im havingt him rebuild it with a kevlar clutch , stock pressure plate and bearing and a new fork might well do it all right the first time. thanks for all the help i appreciate it.

·
Registered
208 Posts
onecloudyday said:
well i dropped the car off at my friends garage cause i dont have the time to do it myself right now with everything that is goin on. He said that the clutch is getting shitty and the throw out bearing is in about 3 pieces , also the release fork is broke. Im havingt him rebuild it with a kevlar clutch , stock pressure plate and bearing and a new fork might well do it all right the first time. thanks for all the help i appreciate it.
That sucks. I've been there though. I had the clutch, pressure plate, thow out bearing, clutch cable and rear main seal replaced about a year ago and it was about a grand. Done at Nissan. Lucky your friends doing it for you. Hope it works out well.

·
absolutely classic
455 Posts
matcapir said:
That sucks. I've been there though. I had the clutch, pressure plate, thow out bearing, clutch cable and rear main seal replaced about a year ago and it was about a grand. Done at Nissan. Lucky your friends doing it for you. Hope it works out well.
Holy crap! A grand?! I payed 550 to get all the same stuff plus the flywheel resurfaced. Well minus the cable, I did that myself. Damn Nissan ripped you off pretty good.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Kindfiend said:
Holy crap! A grand?! I payed 550 to get all the same stuff plus the flywheel resurfaced. Well minus the cable, I did that myself. Damn Nissan ripped you off pretty good.
yep, they usually do that.....

·
Da Dirty South
115 Posts
Mine is in the shop right now. Getting ACT Stage 1 Kit (Heavy duty pressure plate, street disc, and release bearing)= $304 includes S&H. And Rear main seal, about $10 at Autozone. Buddy of mine is putting it all in for $200. Getting it back tommorrow, can't wait to break it in. So yeah about $500. Guess thats the goin' rate for non-franchised shops.

·
Registered
34 Posts
onecloudyday said:

How did he diagnose that without removing the gearbox (especially the part about the release bearing)?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts