Nissan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
so close to turbo...
925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so a week or 2 ago i posted about my clutch being virtually to the floor. well my clutch master cylinder was leaking bad so i replaced that as well as the slave cylinder and i have no more leak, fluid is full and my clutch is steady but not right. i still dont have virtually any feathering space, it catches right by the floor and only brings itself up about 1/2 to 3/4 of the way....so from being all the way up to say 1/2 down, there is absolutely no pressure....hard to explain...we even bled it for a long time....me and my bro are pretty stumped but im guessing we may need to mess with the length, but we put it at the same length on both of the master cylinders connecting rods or whatever...the part which connects to the pedal...

anybody have any other suggestions? im pretty clueless other than that slim chance i just talked about...

·
Registered
446 Posts
it sounds like a pedal adjustment to me...just play with the linkage between your pedal and the master cylinder and see if you can mess with it...cause I know after I swapped out my master cylinder the pedal grabbe really really high...like all the way at the top of the pedal there was a half an inch where it grabbed and that was it...so play with the pedal and see what you can do, I also had my clutch pedal break at one point in time...part of the lever design broke...so I had to take the pedal out and have my friends dad weld it back on, check for that too...

·
Sup Mod keeping the peace
7,476 Posts
Kelso said:
me and my bro are pretty stumped but im guessing we may need to mess with the length, but we put it at the same length on both of the master cylinders connecting rods or whatever...the part which connects to the pedal
Here's how to check the clutch pedal free play:
It should be 1.0 - 3.0 mm (0.039 - 0.118 in). Hold a ruler against the floor and up to the top of the pedal pad. Take a reading on the ruler at the pedal pad in the resting position. Now push on the pedal pad very gently until resistance is felt; at this point take the new reading on the ruler. Subtracting the two readings will give you the free play spec.

To adjust the clutch pedal free play, adjust the pushrod for the clutch master cylinder which is located under the dash at the top of the pedal assembly. The pushrod has a locknut which must be loosened. Now the pushrod can be adjusted. Also make sure the actual pedal pad height from the floor is between 186 - 196 mm (7.32 - 7.71 in). It can be adjusted with the pedal stopper lock nut.

·
so close to turbo...
925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
oh yea its definatley more than .1 inches right now....

i figured the oedal adjustment was the cause but it just didnt make much sense cause we put it at the same length....oh well

try to adjust it tomorrow

1 - 4 of 4 Posts