Nissan Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey peeps..

another newby question. I have not driven a manual tranny for a while. and i was wondering how an 87 sentra clutch should feel when pressed? Should it be soft or hard?

It's kinda stiff when i depress the dang thing. I was told that it should be soft when depressing the clutch. but i thought that it may be different for different cars. :confused: My friend has a honda accord and it felt smooth when i pressed down on his clutch. ???

the clutch cable had been replaced since it broke a couple of times i would guess due to stiffness. (happened before the car was passed onto me, this car was a handme down) I have not broken the cable yet.

so does this sound like i need to change the entire clutch or pressure plate??? If i have to then i'll look into what others have done in terms of clutch mods (maybe a stage 1???)

please advise.

· Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Rice.. does your pedal need considerable force to be pressed for you to shift? my shifter goes into each gear with no problem but it just sux that my clutch is so dang stiff. (its like opening a rusted door) it also creaks when pressed. any thoughts... would the clutch feel different if i upgraded to a stage 1 from clutchmaster or similar? btw. are you running oem clutch?

· Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
do you guys think that if the pressure plate was replaced we could have a smoother clutch? i wonder if i do that would there be a difference? and if i could, i wonder if there is a replacement pressure plate that would be smooth and easy to press. i haven't done a search on it, but i will and see if there is something that will come up. you guys heard of such a thing?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.