Nissan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello all

i would like some idea's in finding the right type of clutch for my car. i have the 01 sentra se with the 2.0 i have heard or type 1 through 3 clutches and i dont know what they mean. should i start off with a phase 1 or what would 2 and 3 do? oh also who makes a good clutch for my car?

·
neutral handling is cool
180 Posts
It depends on what mods you're gonna do...I have i/h/e and a lightened flywheel with a stock clutch and it works great...If you're gonna do NOS or Turbo then you'll need something more heavy duty. I wouldn't give up pedal feel or spend as much if you don't need it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
i have an act 6 puck/extreme pressure plate in 92 se-r and i love it. i can chirp 1-5 gears at like 3000 rpm just not really easy to drive in tight traffic or pulling out on a hill.

·
Registered
55 Posts
i have an act heavy duty clutch kit, i'm very happy with the results...

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ok cool , so i am guessing that act is a very popular clutch. i will look into act. um what is the web site for act?

·
Boost anyone?
1,625 Posts
What mods do you have on your car??
I plan on gettin the basic bolt ons for now which is why im going with the ACT NP1-HD00 clutch from ACT. Dont know the part number for your car but check the site.

Q

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
01 SENTRA SE 2.0L said:
hello all

i would like some idea's in finding the right type of clutch for my car. i have the 01 sentra se with the 2.0 i have heard or type 1 through 3 clutches and i dont know what they mean. should i start off with a phase 1 or what would 2 and 3 do? oh also who makes a good clutch for my car?
I'm in the same boat too. I plan on upgrading to a ACT stage 2 clutch and lighten flywheel. Investigating NOS, 50 to 75 shot. So I would need to upgrade the clutch. Look around on the internet, you might find a deal for the whole kit. And also, keep asking questions, remember knowledge is power. late.

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
act does not make a clutch for my 2001 sentra se. i have called and emailed them, they only go up to a 99, so therefore im still looking.

·
Your electrical friend
2,177 Posts
i have heard or type 1 through 3 clutches and i dont know what they mean.
I don't either, I don't know where they get this stage/phase stuff from. I've never seen ACT or JWT clutches listed in that manner anywhere, not even on their own websites.

·
99 Problems...
331 Posts
Get the JWT clutch and use a new 2.0se ('00) pressure plate people run that on turbo set ups and have no problems and as has been stated above it gives a good pedal feel

o

·
Platinum
462 Posts
Just ordered the JWT PP

I just ordered the JWT pressure plate. Still searching for 2000-2001 disc. Does anyone know if I need to get B15 throwout bearing for B15 disc or I need one for B14? (My car is B14 '98 engine with '97 transmission)

onyxeros, you meam B15 clutch Disc, not Pressure Plate right??

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I NEED SOME HELP WITH MY CAR

SOME PEOPLE HAVE TOLD ME THAT MAYBE ITS THE CLUTCH DISC,

BUT I'M NOT REALLY SURE

THE PROBLEM IS THIS:
I ALREADY INSTALLED SOME HEADERS AND MY EXHAUST IS 2 1/4"

BUT FOR EXAMPLE WHEN I AM IN FIRST GEAR, AND I START MOVING THE CAR, WHEN I AM AT MORE OR LESS 3000 RPM, IT FEELS LIKE SOMETHING DOES NOT LET THE CAR HAVE FULL RESPONSE WHEN I HIT THE ACCELERATOR PEDAL,
THE CAR STARTS MOVING THOUGH, BUT NOT AT WHAT IT HAS TO,
UNTIL I GET TO 3700 RPM

THIS ALSO HAPPENS EVERY TIME I CHANGE GEARS
FROM 1ST TO 2ND, THEN 2ND TO 3RD, AND SO ON....

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
does your rpm go higher than normal. your clutch might be slipping.

·
Your electrical friend
2,177 Posts
I have a used (about 13K miles) '00 SE disc and PP that I just put in a few weeks ago. I like it just fine, we'll see how it holds when I do my I/H/E next spring.

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I think thats my problem the disc is slipping

because its kinda like in every gear in the first 3500 rpm, the car is moving but slowly then, somthing realeases ( 'm not sure if its the disc)
and the car start gong fast again like at 3700 rpm

1 - 20 of 26 Posts