Nissan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Ready for swap #2
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 91 E right now...and i was wondering if i could get any b13 Tachless cluster and still work effeciantly....like i have not clock on my cluster..but if i going to get the cluster with a clock would it work just fine?

·
Ready for swap #2
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
damn someone has got to know if this swap will be safe....i just got word i have a 92 XE cluster waiting for me...just gotta make sure it will work just as fine...cause i have the E cluster and also a 91...wanna know if the wiring is just that same..actaully pug thanks

·
Registered
156 Posts
Swapping clusters

Look on sentra.net. These topics are covered in detail. I've considered doing this myself, but I'm going to add high-quality gauges instead--and I don't like the idea of a bogus odometer reading.

Matching the clusters should not pose a big problem.

The main difference I recall offhand is that older models (such as my '92) have a mechanical speedometer cable.

·
Registered
156 Posts
New gauges

Oh, no--I'm not swapping clusters, but I have read of it. Sorry if I gave you that impression.

I'm keeping my original cluster, but adding a tach under the cowling at lower left.

Then in the factory radio DIN slot (right below the air conditioning vents), I'm adding a water temperature gauge, a voltmeter & an oil pressure gauge.

But this is all just in the planning stages now.

·
Your electrical friend
2,177 Posts
You'd have to get one from a 91-92 because 93-94 have electronic speedos IIRC. Your speedo would go higher than say if you got a tach cluster from a GA16DE equippped car (Did they make a GXE or SE in 91-92?) I think those two trims had tachs in them for the GA16DE but you'll have to verify that. You could put a 91-92 SE-R cluster in and like I said it'd have a higher MPH speedo and I think the redline might be a little higher than where the GA16DE limiter kicks in at. 6700 is the limiter cutout on GA16DE's and I think SR20DE's cutout at like 6800 or something like that. Unless you have a JWT ECU which bumps the limiter up. Hope this helps some.

EDIT: I didn't realize you weren't swapping the whole thing out in your case 92Sinatra, although that'd be a lot easier. You'll have to find out if the tachs both work the same way. I'm not sure if there is such a thing as a mechanical tach anyways, at least not being used within the last 20 some years. You could do what I want to do when I get an SE-R, which is, instead of installing aftermarket gauges all over the place, speedo, tach w/ shift light, oil, temp, etc. and for some odd reason leaving all the OEM installed, take the existing cluster out and make a new mounting plate for the gauges and install all the aftermerket like they were OEM. I think it'd be much more functional and sharp as hell. Only foreseeable problem would be the odometer.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts