Nissan Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
2018 Nissan Pathfinder SL
4,298 Posts
I had a clunking noise going over bumps and suspected the suspension, ball joints etc.
before i could investigate the CV boot let go so i did both outer CV boots, I found a bad wheel bearing, it was not too bad, but had free play.
replaced the wheel bearing, drove it today and the clunking is gone.
So check your wheel bearings as well. ( and its easy to check)

· Registered
2018 Nissan Pathfinder SL
4,298 Posts
You know Ian I checked all of the suspension and it all seems real tight??> The Cv joints are brand new? It's weird when I drive down the road the car is silky smooth but when I drive on my gravel driveway it's sounds terrible? I don't know maybe it's the way these cars are when you drive over rough terrain??
I would never have diagnosed this as a wheel bearing, it only happened on rough surfaces and not smooth.
Previous bad wheel bearings have been noisy, FWD and RWD, and make noise on turns. this didn't do that.
On top of this i tried to buy the spindle assembly from a wrecker yard, and all three passenger side were bad once they took the brakes off.
My Drivers side was fine.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.